Some Metal Hero Inspirations in Sentai

I think Super Sentai really got some inspiration from the now no longer continuing Metal Hero franchise of Toei. However Toei decided to add in the concept into Super Sentai too.

Jetman had:

Tetraboy was the idea of a bazooka fired. Only this time a real robot not a matrix projection did it.

Dekaranger had the following:
Their home base that became a mobile robot. A concept taken from Vavilos in Shaider but it didn't become a cannon shooter.
The existence of a space police force ran by many planets. The concept was taken from Gavan, Sharivan and Shaider. Dekaranger took Shaider's concept too far.
Not to mention the hot girls.

Boukenger had:
The uniform of Eiji Takaoka/Bouken Silver is a spandex version of a Metal Hero concept. The one who acted as his father was Hiroshi Watari.

Comments

  1. lol you must love DekaYellow. I personally think GaoWhite is much cuter, but DekaYellow is quite fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love DekaYellow, too. I was laughing when I read that.
    Hey, Sean. Read my latest post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us not forget the use of laser technology in for of blasters and swords.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment