My Thoughts On Naruhisa Arakawa Writing Two Episodes For Ucchu Sentai Kyuranger

I just read from UkiyaSeed that episodes 17 and 18 of Kyuranger will be written by Naruhisa Arakawa.  Both episodes are to be aired on June 4 and June 11.

As much as I suggested that Arakawa should've been ToQGer's head writer but I also asked myself whether or not he's already heading towards the road to burnout. A lot of my favorite writers have hit burnout every now and then. What I could mention that writers who wrote blockbusters for Toei eventually undid themselves during their decline period. These writers I love to mention are Hirohisa Soda, Toshiki Inoue and Yasuko Kobayashi. I wonder how will he fare with writing two episodes. Will they still be great or will they end up showing that he's overworked?

So what's with Arakawa? I thought about how he wrote one episode in Kamen Rider Black where Bilgenia tried to crush Kotaro's faith in humanity. I like his Jetman episodes except for the Dryer Jigen one. His Dairanger episodes aren't exactly what I wanted for Dairanger. He wrote some fan favorites such as Kamen Rider Kuuga, Abaranger, Dekaranger, Gokaiger and Akibaranger. That's going to be a lot and he also was a major contributor from 2001-2011. He's going to write Gavan vs. Dekaranger which makes me wonder whether or not he's still in top shape.

How will they turn out? I'm pretty nervous and I should start setting a low bar by now. I didn't find Dekaranger: Ten Years After to be a good return movie. I'm already getting skeptical with how Gavan vs. Dekaranger will turn out. He probably needs less of a load now (or even a reasonably short break) with his job as a head writer. I'm afraid he's already burning out.

Comments