Translation Of The Song "Kuro No Kikoushi" (The Black Prince)


I may have some issues with reunion movies these days. Despite its popularity in Japan, I was glad Samurai Sentai Shinkenger didn't have a 10th-anniversary reunion movie. I may be a fan of Bakuryu Sentai Abaranger but I wasn't too flattered at a 20 years after movie. I have mixed feelings about the news of a Ninja Sentai Kakuranger reunion movie. Some reunion movies may no longer be possible due to cast members who have died such as Tatsuya Nomi in Gosei Sentai Dairanger, the most recent demise of Yuka Motohashi from cancer, or having some sickness such as Kenji Shibata's brain tumor in Kyukyu Sentai GoGoFive. 

Kenichi Endo will resume his role as Prince Junior/Gaskadokuro -- something I think is built on nostalgia. Prince Junior was pretty entertaining. I'd dare say that while Prince Junior was crueler than Rito Revolto -- he also managed to be funnier at the same time. I still find the skeletal design to be funny. It wasn't explained why Kenichi left the show midway. Apparently, there are real-life issues. I same probably happened to Jun Yoshida as Bilgenia in Kamen Rider BLACK. If I'm not wrong, Jun is currently no longer acting. With this, I decided to provide a translation of that really cool villain song. Credits go to Ranger Wiki.

Living life like peace is a given
This is a fat and lazy society
There needs to be a change in leadership

Wannabe do-gooders
like those Kakurangers
make me sick, I can’t take it anymore

Hiding in darkness for survival
Rise up, my allies
It’s time to reclaim freedom

Gashadokuro, the charming
flower of evil, Junior the Black

Whatever Gashadokuro
Sets his eyes upon
will turn into skulls

If you hold your breath waiting for a battle
you’ll miss your chance
and sink into darkness again

A black rose has hidden thorns
it blooms with hate
and a curse that isn’t ashamed of the title of Prince

Sustaining strong willpower
by training and refining
this slim body

Gashadokuro, adorned
with a mask, Junior the Black

Whoever falls into
Gashadokuro’s grasp
will have their soul stolen

Gashadokuro, the charming
flower of evil, Junior the Black

Whatever Gashadokuro
sets his eyes upon
will turn into skulls

The ritual was used to summon the Great Demon King (Daimaoh) to the Earth. It was discouraging to see Prince Junior defeated by the newly formed Kakure Daishogun. That footage was used in Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Season 3 when Rito Revolto was defeated by a newly-formed Ninja Megazord. The difference was Rito Revolto went from a genuine threat who destroyed the Thunderzords to being a joke. It wasn't really explained how Rito survived when he clearly exploded. 


Rito's fate after Power Rangers in Space is unknown. That's unless one wants to pretend that Rito got purified and is now endorsing Pizza Black. I'd also like to remind people Kenichi also guest-starred acting as two different comedic villains in Tokosou Exceedraft and Tokosou Robo Janperson. All before Kenichi signed up to play as Prince Junior. 

I enjoy this one but there are other cooler villain songs such as "The Song of Witch Bandora" from Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger or the Grinam soldier song in Chojin Sentai Jetman (which is sad but hilarious). I'd like to share this strangely enjoyable song translated! 

Comments