Brennan Mejia Gets Hold Of Some Kyoryuger 10th Anniversary Toys


Here's a video of Brennan Mejia of Power Rangers Dino Charge reviewing the American toys vs. Japanese toys. Does Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger have some huge hype going on last 2013 or past it? Maybe I missed it last 2013 because I had Super Sentai taste fatigue. The Kyoryuger hype and bandwagon might be just there. A Kyoryuger official English sub may be next! I'm no fan of Kyoryuger but I can understand the hype with the cool action scenes by Koichi Sakamoto.

Knowing the cultural differences between America and Japan is one. The Power Rangers episode in The Toys That Made Us helped me understand why Toei allows Power Rangers to exist. I don't like Power Rangers but I understood why it had to exist. The American market and the Japanese market are two different settings. The 1990s were a different era. It's already the 2020s and the digital age is here.

This video feels more like a subject for international marketing on cultural differences. In a sense, Power Rangers is still an adaptation. However, I prefer the term localization since Super Sentai was remade to fit the American audience. 

Comments