What if Toshiki Inoue Were Go-Busters' Secondary Writer?


Okay, I decided to revisit and update this post which was written last 2014. This is just some random post I wrote. I decided to update this post since Toshiki Inoue had returned to become a Super Sentai head writer in 2022 with Avatar Sentai Donbrothers. So far, Donbrothers is enjoyable and it has managed to keep the Ranger History lessons to a mininum. 2022 is also 10 years after Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters. I felt that Inoue was somehow underutilized in Super Sentai during the 2000s - maybe except for the guest writing that he did during Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger's "cruel episode". Yes, I still stand by it me thinking it's a very cruel episode. Go ahead, get mad, but as said I still think it's a cruel episode. Still, I felt that the "cruel episode" should've been a hint that Inoue was fit to be a writer for Go-Busters

Yasuko Kobayashi became the head writer. The secondary writers were Kento Shimoyama (who was with the terrible Shuriken Sentai Ninninger which is only SLIGHTLY better than Power Rangers Ninja Steel) and Nobuhiro Mouri who'd proceed to become Ucchu Sentai Kyuranger's head writer five years later. I felt a good amount of episodes of Go-Busters could've been written by Inoue himself as its secondary writer. Sure, Inoue did reach what I'd call the post-burnout era. I do enjoy Kamen Rider Kiva while I do understand why some people downright hate it. I still think Inoue also burned out during Kamen Rider Faiz which was his favorite project. Heck, Inoue even made a cameo. Right now, that event made me wish Kobayashi appeared in Go-Busters' finale in the same way!

I could imagine what Inoue could've contributed. Inoue did some weird humor during Kiva (presumably due to a bad burnout) and Shigeki Gouraigan is considered by some to be plain terrible. Inoue wrote that really stupid cooking battle arc in Kamen Rider Blade. Heck, that cooking battle made me wonder why in the world was Inoue not given a few episodes of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger to write about? It'd be funny if Shinkenger had a cooking battle. Go-Busters wasn't without its weird humor such as Hiromu's fear of chickens as his weak point. It'd be interesting how Inoue could actually use some "cruel episodes" which may befit Go-Busters' rather serious atmosphere. Sure, I could agree with some Power Rangers fans that Go-Busters isn't as serious as Mirai Sentai Timeranger. Still, you know the drill of how it'd could've had worked.

Just imagine if Inoue did all the other episodes not written by Kobayashi. I felt that episodes like Ryuji's weakpoint, the episode with a Yoko doppelganger, and the Tategami Lioh arc could've used his flavor. I felt episodes written by Shimoyama lacked drama. I think it could've been interesting if Inoue actually handled Mika Hazuki as a guest character. Maybe, newer fans will get to experience Tategami Lioh killing its own pilot after going berserk. It's just among a few things that I wish could've been done. Though, Inoue was probably still in "rest mode" at that time. Still, I felt Inoue at his burning out would've been better than what Shimoyama could've done in Go-Busters.

Well, that's just another random rant for today! 

Comments

  1. Do: What if Inoue was the writer of sorts of Gekiranger ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I wouldn't be able to get all suggestions. Thanks for giving me an idea.

      Delete

Post a Comment