Yasuko Kobayashi's Different Shades of Red Rangers

Here's Yasuko Kobayashi's different red rangers after I wrote about her different shades of pink rangers.  Now I'd share my opinion on them.


Ryoma/Ginga Red- So I've seen at least 36 episodes of Gingaman (subbed) and I'm yet to bring in my overall critique.  However, he has given me some reasons to like him.  I like the plot where he is a stand-in red ranger, he does everything to fill in his supposedly dead brother's shoes and to do everything to uphold his duty as the current Ginga Red.  He has a strong sense of responsibility and wants to do everything to uphold honor.  I also like the idea where he wanted to return his powers to his brother Hyuga.


Tatsuya Asami/Time Red- Yet another "stand-in red".  In the Year 3000, one of his descendants namely Ryuya was the Time Red of that era.  When Yuuri, Ayase, Domon and Sion came in they had no choice but to make him Time Red.  I enjoy his trying to fight destiny itself especially against his father's wishes (his father also wanted to do the same but failed).  He and his descendant Ryuya both serve a contrast - while he goes against the values of self-interest, Ryuya somehow keeps the old self-serving habit to the point his descendant becomes a prototype to Masato Kusaka of Kamen Rider Faiz.  From this list, he's currently my favorite for the reason I can relate to him the most.


Takeru Shiba/Shinken Red- He's supposedly the 18th head of the Shiba clan but in reality, he agreed to be a "stand-in lord" since he was a child.  His biological parents were also of samurai lineage and somehow friends with the Shiba family.  I would admit he used to be my top favorite Kobayashi red but as of late, he remains a favorite but not as much as I used to.  He's a great guy and I like the fact he has a mystery that gets revealed late in the series.  I also thought he was an interesting guy.  Still, I wonder why in the world did he get "adopted" as Kaoru's adoptive son?!  Shock value anyone?!


Hiromu Sakurada/Red Buster- I already feel like he's boring, REALLY BORING red.  Either Kobayashi has burned out or Naomi Takebe's not good with Sentai (but she's responsible for Kiva, OOO and Gaim three shows which I enjoy).  Also, in trying to make him "interesting" we get that whole "Hiromu is scared of chickens".  So far, he's a product of Kobayashi suffering from a burnout and Gobusters for me spins around as badly as Kamen Rider Faiz does, if not worse.  He's really stiff and boring as Gobusters is.


Right/ToQ 1 Gou- For me he's typical cardboard red.  Either Kobayashi's really trying hard to regain her success or is ToQGer really starting to bore me (AGAIN).  I can't give my final verdict on him but so far, I can like him better than Hiromu.  He's a breath of fresh air but he can't match up to Kobayashi's three previous reds!

Comments