Ryusoulger Episode 30: At Least, It Ain't About Nao Fanboys!

Well, it's time for the weekly Ryusoulger review. Right now, I can't decide on my feelings on the series yet. Is it really a plotless mess or a good throwback for literature freaks like myself? Anyway, I could express some disappointments (minor) and some good things about this particular episode. This episode was written by Ayumi Shino.

I have to admit the whole power struggle between Gachileus and Wizeru is just getting nowhere. Gachileus pops in and pops out anytime he wants. They do get a high-performance surgeon known as Atsushi Miura as the newest Menasaur host.

Nao Nagasawa appears here kinda like the typical family woman. She gave birth to a son and her mini-me daughter a few years ago, right? Personally, I'm glad that we don't have Canaro representing Nao fanboys (like he did with the Yukari Taki fanboys) because that would have been VERY ANNOYING if we have it here. Instead, Nao's role is a marriage consultant. Okay, no action scenes from her. I guess Nao's too busy with her children to focus on martial arts training. I'd probably still appreciate her presence though since I do love her acting a lot. TBH, I really wish I could at least meet her and her family at least once! Fortunately, she's not wasted here unlike my two most hated episodes of Kamen Rider W! I'm also appreciative of how Nao indirectly encourages me to fight across time!

A bit of the Bandai merchandise exposition. Seto's ghost butts in again in the body of Naohisa to do yet another exposition. The latest Bandai merchandise becomes an egg due to some event centuries ago. I wonder how do the Ryusoulgers ever adjust to the human world due to the fact they age much slower?! Just think Oto is hundreds of years old yet she's too young to marry Melt whom she has a crush on!

The battle with the Dullahan Menasaur is something. It makes Asuna blind. The others have no choice but to treat. But just as Ryusoul Green and Ryusoul Black start the chase -- they are encountered by Gaisoulg! Last week's preview did reveal that Gaisoulg currently has Nada as its host. 

So why are the other Ryusoulgers not blinded but only Asuna? It's because the Menasaur is a narcissist who thinks women should adore him. It's a good thing Asuna didn't get across any pervert taking advantage of her temporarily losing her sight. I wonder should she have been made to fight blind like Ako in Jetman? Maybe not. It would make us lose focus on what the episode is about if she did. But part of me wishes she did.

An interesting exposition by Nada reveals that of Master Green. So far, we don't see Master Green's face. If Master Green ain't dead then where is he? We haven't heard of Master Black yet either. The events some time hundreds of years ago reveals the power of the Gaisoulg armor. Wear it and it controls you! It's almost like the Rouki mask in Gaoranger. Nada who was bitter about Koh getting chosen decided to wear it but he loses all grip as a result. I love the confrontation scene between Nada and Towa. Towa talks about how Koh's trust made Banba a better person.

I kinda like how Canaro matures in this one aside from the fight scene both he and Banba show out-of-suit. Remember how almost every single episode about Canaro is devoted to his quest to find a bride? It's getting as old as Spongebob failing his driving exam! Last week's episode was an improvement though. Canaro chooses not to pursue marriage with a girl who was interested in him. Canaro talks about a genuine relationship. I'm glad that Nao isn't playing a failed love interest but someone who tries to steer him to the right path. I hope Canaro walks this way and not revert into a running gag.

It's interesting Nada is still trying to control Gaisoulg who's obviously taking over him. We don't get a mech battle here. Instead, Nada as Gaisoulg finishes off the Dullahan Menasaur. However, things aren't going to go as good as...

Nada is still taken over by Gaisoulg. He ends up striking Koh under the influence of Gaisoulg. I wish the Gaisoulg armor's origins will be expanded soon. Is Nada destined to become an additional ranger eventually or not?

Next week, it'd be a new Bandai merchandise coming in. I wonder how Nada's crisis will be resolved and what power will this new merchandise have?

Comments