Angry Rant: Hail Kyuranger, Hail, Squad Squad, Down With Disney's Star Wars Canon!


Is it me or is Disney ruining everything? Disney bought Power Rangers and most of the series are a downhill - especially with the Kalish era! Disney got Marvel and Marvel got worse. Heck, I wish Warner Bros. will get Marvel and reboot it entirely! Disney got Star Wars and the new canon just sucks! Star Wars hasn't been a bit pleasing since Episode VII: The Force Awakens and now we're getting a desperate "Palpatine please bail us out!" with Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker.

I hear some people tend to whine about how Kyuranger can be idiotic. I may be reading the blog Them's Fightin' Words but I heavily disagree with Shogo's views on Kyuranger and maybe Lupinranger vs. Patranger. But at least, he's being respectable with my opinions on certain shows! I would agree Lucky is an idiot. Lucky's idiotic behavior and relationship with Garu makes them both Lone Starr and Barf in spandex. Tsurugi is what I'd call that badly-needed Luke Skywalker figure. There's no Princess Leia though we do have a C3PO. Kyuranger may not be the Star Wars-inspired Super Sentai I wanted (and it makes it look like Lone Starr is leading the rebellion instead) but find it way more entertaining than what Disney did to Star Wars.

I did watch Kyuranger and personally, it's more entertaining than the Disney Canon of Star Wars. I wish Kyuranger had novelizations in English for me to read. Somehow, I'd probably endorse Hammy over Rey for women's empowerment. I would probably take Scorpio's plot with Stinger to be more well-written than Kylo Ren's turn to the dark side. I'd probably say that Tsurugi's return after 300 years of cryogenic slumber has been more welcome than Luke Skywalker's being a shadow of his former self. Maybe, I could really say that the cast of Kyuranger might be more capable of taking down Supreme Leader Snoke than the current antagonists in the Disney Star Wars films.

There's also the Space Squad series. Personally, I think Space Squad should be a video game series instead. I'd admit that watching both Dekaranger vs. Gavan and Kyuranger vs. Space Squad has been more interesting than the Star Wars movies by Disney. At least, Toei still had its heart into it even if not every series they make turns out great. The Space Squad films have been more entertaining than what Disney has done to Star Wars. Both movies themselves are pretty good on their own. Though I'd want to see the movie series concluded ASAP. If not, better make a video game series out of it that won't be canon to the TV shows.

Just another angry rant, okay?

Comments

  1. Warner Bros. already owns DC Comics. I don't think it would be a good idea for them to own Marvel as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment