Ryusoulger 35: A Death-Defying Combination

I'll admit I've become rather dispassionate about my latest Ryusoulger posts (as the quality IS dropping really bad) so maybe, just maybe, I should just post them when I feel passionate again. Right now, I feel this week's episode isn't that well-wrapped but it has a few interesting points with the trials done - Dragon Quest style!

I'm amazed at how Banba and Towa both show off their out-of-suit fights. IMHO, one of the best things that make a superhero show, super, is the main cast doing its stunts while the suit double later takes over for harder parts. I kind of feel Banba and Towa are my favorite heroes in the show.

Meanwhile, the others are advised by Ryusoul Elder to take the trials. A new combination of land, sea, and air would be very dangerous. Mosa Rex hasn't been willing to combine with Tyramigo and Dimetrodon because of such destructive power. I would be too scared to unleash such power too. I think the trials are necessary so they can handle the intensity of the new combination.


The next trials are really beyond the prowess. Sure, Banba and Towa went out-of-suit. Here, it goes beyond the physical. Melt must use intuition with an invisible bridge or die. Well, it turns out that Asuna has a fear of bugs similar to Sakura in Boukenger. Canaro must concentrate building the house of cards while surrounded by lovely young women - something I'd fail in! Meanwhile, Koh must overcome his overconfidence in-suit. It seems Koh (and it seems to happen a lot with Henshin heroes and not just Super Sentai) is getting too reliant on power-ups at this point!

Everyone passes except Koh. Koh is still tested by an illusion of Master Red. The bond is amazing as the other members try to hold her off until Koh arrives.

Ryusoul Red finally arrives learning to go beyond one's limits. Yes, it's always overconfidence that knocks out the heroes. It reminds me of how the Carrangers got complacent over their awesome new equipment or how the Zyurangers eventually got overreliant on Ultimate Daizyujin. Ryusoul Red appears in Max form to face off against Pricious. Pricious manages to escape for now.

Meanwhile, the new combination called King KishiRyuOh. I'm already getting bored with the mecha battles though. I mean, we had MORE diversity during Lupinranger vs. Patranger or Kyuranger. Why is it that both Koh and Canaro are becoming the dumb and dumber of this show?! The show's mecha battles aren't getting any better for me but there's still some lore worth exploring.

Meanwhile, Oto seems to be still in love with Melt. I mean, Melt CANNOT be dating Oto (unless Amos Yee is his dating adviser) if he doesn't want the Japanese investigation agency going after him. So how Oto being 100+ makes her only ten years old or what? Melt being 200+ would be in his 20s as a member of the Ryusoul Tribe.

Next week, I do feel like Canaro is just meant to cry with this episode. Does Towa get a girlfriend here? There are also some interesting out-of-suit scenes. But again, are out-of-suit scenes sometimes arranged between the directors and the main cast later on?

Comments