Why I Think Goseiger Was Eventually Vindicated By History


There's always such a time when a franchise can go "HUH?!" I still think Tensou Sentai Goseiger is a franchise that wasn't easily well-received. Some may have called it bland and boring during its first broadcast in 2010. Just because an entry didn't do well during its year of airing doesn't mean that history won't vindicate it. I think Goseiger itself is a series vindicated by history. Personally, I found this series bland and boring (at first) until one big disaster occurred. But before talking about that legendary mega-disaster that's Power Rangers Megafail - we could talk about how Goseiger felt like it was overshadowed not ONCE BUT TWICE in its whole career.


Goseiger is overshadowed by Shinkenger

It's no secret that Samurai Sentai Shinkenger is a fan favorite for that long. I even dare say Shinkenger is overappreciated. Tori Matsuzaka ends up becoming what I'd call a really big shadow of a red ranger. The role of Takeru Shiba just overshadows a lot of characters whether it'd be Kaoru as the true head (and I feel sorry for her really), Goseiger's Alata, and maybe even Maskman's Takeru. Matsuzaka apparently even overshadows his fellows which any marriage announcement from him might even receive more attention than his fellows.

During the time Goseiger aired - I just felt like that it's in the shadow of Shinkenger. For one, I'm a Shinkenger fan but I always get irritated at people who think it's Yasuko Kobayashi's Magnum Opus. I can't be certain how it happens and many of my assumptions are still unproven. Regardless, I wouldn't dare say Shinkenger is all that great. It's a fan favorite but I don't have a very high view of the show especially after watching Mirai Sentai Timeranger. Though, I can't blame people who think Shinkenger has more likable characters than Timeranger. Also, Shinkenger has better characters than Goseiger too.


After that, a great anniversary season overshadows it as well

I personally don't consider Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger to be the greatest Super Sentai series ever. As said, before you can say it to be the greatest - have you checked out more Super Sentai before and after it? Right now, I do have shifting views about it because I think Gokaiger is overrated. But I'd still say it's a great show that deserves to be called the best Super Sentai anniversary. Guest stars? Nostalgia? Inviting younger viewers to watch older school Super Sentai? What more can you ask?

So, it just doesn't help that Goseiger had to contend with Shinkenger before it. Goseiger also had to contend with Gokaiger after it. I still don't blame people who think Shinkenger and Gokaiger are great seasons. Goseiger just becomes bland and boring (at times) if you're going to think of how great Shinkenger and Gokaiger are. I feel even in the Hero 199 movie that the Gokaigers still overshadow the Goseigers. The Gokaigers have more interesting personalities than the Goseigers.


Eventually, a Mega-Disaster of a season may have been responsible for Goseiger's possible vindication by history

How do I think Megafail end up vindicating Goseiger instead of ruining it? I could talk about how much more likable the cast of Goseiger is compared to Megafail in many ways. Megafail may have a more attractive cast than Goseiger but guess who delivered better results? Megafail was still trying to be Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers when it was FREAKING 2013! I would say the Goseigers had more personalities and the aim to try something new. Alata may seem boring at first but he has more emotions than Troy. Complaining about Eri being airheaded? At least she's not annoying like the failed Kimberly 2.0 that's Emma. I don't blame the cast but it's all about who's running the cast. You can think about how much effort was put into Goseiger than Megafail.

Goseiger also has two more advantages namely a REAL PLOT and NO SEASON SPLIT. What in the world is Nickelodeon thinking of splitting Power Rangers into two seasons? It's supposed to be a yearlong show. Like, can you imagine if I had to WAIT UNTIL LATER before the next Super Sentai episodes arrive? Goseiger went consistently to be the whole year season it was meant to be. Overshadowed as it is not once but twice but it did show something better. I could even dare say that the plotless hot mess of Megafail caused Goseiger to look like a masterpiece!

Comments