Ryusoulger 44 - Test Of Bonds

Ryusoulger does want to be more RPG-ish? Then again, isn't the test of bonds a very recurring trope in team superheroes? X-Men, Avengers, Justice League, and what makes Super Sentai any different, right? This episode starts with a bit of an opener. The whole episode is preparing us for the finale. Though I may have a few whacked up predictions. One of them I was afraid to raise up but it did happen... so I'll raise it now!

Okay, I have to admit that while Oto did a mistake but you have to consider the fact she's no D.W. from the Hey Arthur TV series. She even apologizes for her mistakes and she had good intentions in following them. The scene presents a dynamic of suitless fighting, Oto getting rescued, and somehow there's something about Saden right now!

So why is that Eras has not spoken until now? Eras then presents Yabasword. Is it me or does Yabasword look like a clear mutilation of Kamen Rider Gaim? Did they decide to get ideas from Kamen Rider Zi-O when there was Another Gaim? Probably, probably not. Regardless, I feel I wnat to rewatch Kamen Rider Gaim again because I'm quite a fan of it!

A new plan is devised. Koh and Asuna (I'm fine if the show wants to ship them, just DO NOT ship her with Canaro) decide to go to the city while the other four aim to destroy Eras. Koh hands over the Ryusoul Calibur to Canaro. Things start to get messy if you ask me.

I could think of this area to be a challenge in some RPG where you're only stuck with one or two characters in your party. Both Ryusoul Red and Ryusoul Pink are fighting like that they have a deathwish.

What I do admire about Oto is that she hardly acts like D.W. It's easy to overlook her blunder now as she tries to get Pii-tan to fight. Pii-tan is afraid of Pricious for a reason. What's the real reason behind it? I do feel like there's some backstory that's badly needed. 

Fortunately, Pii-tan gets into the city to save the others in the nick of time. Asuna is pretty much cornered by Pricious. At this moment, I do have a feeling Pricious is really the main villain and maybe Eras is just a tool used to create Druidons. You know, like the Org Master was in Gaoranger. Org Master in Gaoranger was nothing more than a symbolic power that birthed

Pricious does have a knack for being sadistic. He commands Gunjoji to do a kamikazee attack. This reminds me that some enemies in the RPG genre will do a kamikazee in desperate moments. Kamikazee was also seldom given to the heroes. Just then Saden gets rid of the bomb and saves them. A big unveiling moment happens.

Yup, it turns out that Saden (as I wanted to assume) is indeed Master Black. So, he still has some humanity left. They try to destroy Eras but it doesn't work. Right now, I assume Eras is probably just a symbolic power within the Druidons and Pricious may be the real villain. Then again, what if I'm wrong and Eras will finally start to speak?

Next week should feature a battle with Pricious. But right now, I'm just wondering what Master Black will reveal soon enough.

Comments