Kiramager 22: The Sea Witch And A New Mecha

This is a continuation of last week's episode. Okay, I'm already wondering if I should actually just review arcs together or not. Last week featured the witch's curse. This time it would be an interesting time travel episode. However, the rules of time travel vary from Super Sentai to Super Sentai. 

 

It all goes back to last week's episode when Boat Basura is wrecking everything. However, Boat Basura retreats for a reason. I wonder what's the rationale of villains suddenly retreating when they've got the upper hand? It just sounds rather weird!

Next plan? Momentary time travel to the past to meet the witch Numajo. The original plan was to prevent the curse. However, it might actually cause the Kiramagers to be never born. The plan is to get the witch's cup so they can form an antidote to cure the Aqua Kirameistone. 

20 minutes only? Well, I remembered Hikari Sentai Maskman's 38th episode had a time hole that would close in an hour. 20 minutes? What do we hope to accomplish that much? In Ucchu Sentai Kyuranger - we didn't have that limit. I guess time travel has very vague rules in fiction, huh? Takamichi and Sera agree to guard the portal.

So the witch Numajo has her cup full of poison. Yes, I really am revolted by that thought of her drinking poison. Then again aren't the people of Yodoheim well, evil for the sake of evil? The suspense factor is that how do you expect him to get the cup in 20 minutes? 

The Boat Basura is so powerful and fast that Drilljean isn't a match for it either. Kiramei Pink drives the King Express into battle but also fails.

The best solution to the problen? Juuru's imagination is something. Juuru gets the revolting poison from the witch's slime which is used to make an antidote for Aqua Kirameistone. At this point, I'm reminded of that Conan the Adventurer episode where Conan goes into a dystopian future to get poison from Set the serpent god's fangs to create an antidote.

Mashin Zabyun (a shark-like train) is formed and it goes after Boat Basura. Seriously, swimming on concrete? The show stretches imagination more than the ToQGers were allowed. Then again, I guess the show wanted to relive ToQGer's concept with Naruhisa Arakawa as the main writer. The Mashin Zabyun combines with Kirameizin to form King Express Zabyun to save the day.

Apparently, the curse on Mabusheena has been uplifted by the Mashin Zabyun. Though is it really? I'm pretty skeptical about that since there are two more Granterstones. I wonder if the Granterstones will eventually play another role in the future.


Next week... is Mabusheena's mother alive? Meanwhile, hold your horses because I may already decide to take a break from Super Sentai any time soon. I mean I've watched a lot of old school and new school Super Sentai series. I've got taste fatigue (again) which is just expected while I'm going to enjoy the latest Kamen Rider. Again, it's just tentative so expect the unexpected. 

Comments