Zenkaiger Episode 2: The Roaring Wild Beast Is A Real Wildcat!

This week's episode features the second person ahem Kikanoid to join the Zenkaigers. I'm getting some old-school nostalgia in this episode. This week features Gaon after his cameo. Also, blink and you will miss that there are cameos of Magine and Vroon in this episode. 

TBH, I do feel some cartoony humor whenever Bokkowaus gets mad. I do get reminded of how Horde Prime in She-Ra: Princess of Power gets mad. Bokkowaus gets mad at both Ijirude and Barashitara for their failures. Now, it's time to launch another attack with mushrooms. 

How are monsters created? Barashita (and he really has some parts of Gien from Timeranger used) creates the new monster called Kinoko World. A grunt called Kudakk gets the Gear and they get that power.

There's a bit of throwback to Goggle V in this scene. I guess only older fans of Super Sentai will be able to recognize it. This scene has a mushroom-themed monster and the use of the Goggle V's powers. The ribbon was Miki's weapon. Hmmm... it'd be nice IF Kaho Takada would guest star since she looks a lot like Miki in Goggle V

Meanwhile, Kaito and Granny are talking with Zyuran about the Tojitopia. The Kikanoids are oppressed under their crazy ruler. TBH, I'm really imagining this scene as someone from the People's Republic of China feeling to Taiwan seeking refuge and talking about their tyrannical government.

This recruitment scene is rather funny. TBH, I'd be too scared if I were in this crowd. Zenkaiser and Zyuon are trying to get more Zenkaigers.

Gaon is pretty much the next Zenkaiger but he doesn't immediately join the scene. Gaon is too fascinated by live animals. 

Blink and you will miss Magine made a cameo twice in this episode. The mushroom spores are really that deadly. What's worse is that the mushrooms just regenerate at a very rapid pace. Is that even scientifically possible? You know Toku logic is baffling, right? 

Gaon reveals his form which resembles Gao King. Speaking of which, Gaoranger was the 25th season of Super Sentai and an anniversary season. 

We see the Hurricanger powers are being tested next. They start to do some of those insane ninja moves by instinct. 

The Kudaitest is summoned after Mushroom World is destroyed. The Kudai Test accidentally steps on the remains of Mushroom World and absorbs it. I'm reminded of the Gorlin from Fiveman in that regard. 

Both Gaon and Zyuon can't get along. Then we get this first combination. Zenkaiser goes into the cockpit and must learn to let the two fused beings cooperate. I mean, they nearly dropped him. Good thing they were able to save the day though. 

Meanwhile, Vroon makes a cameo and he's still captured somewhere. I'm just wondering how he will end up joining the team this time? 

Gaon becomes the newest Zenkaiser. I wonder how Granny will play a bigger role soon enough. TBH, I do still think about my own paternal grandmother and how I tend to miss her even after some time. I also think about the time I saw some grandmothers buy a Toku toy for their grandchild. This scene can easily bring me tears. 


Next week, Magine shows up as the focus character. I wonder what power Magine will have. Will she use the Magiranger powers? Granted, I hold Magiranger in very low regard for its rather annoying cast. Hopefully, it won't end like that. 

Comments