King-Ohger Episode 6: The Family Drama Begins (And What I Might Expect)


Unlike Kikou Sentai Zenkaiger, I feel that maybe, just maybe, Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger might be what's needed for a new generation. A whole new world. It's obviously self-contained. After Toshiki Inoue's return to Super Sentai headwriting (and I wonder why he was never assigned as the secondary writer for Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters) with the rather lighthearted Avatar Sentai Donbrothers - I think Minato Takano and Takahito Oomori are up to something. Yeah, the same Oomori who I heard apparently said girls are weak so there's only one in another of my dislikes, Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger

It's time to expect some family drama after what I call the "super-early revelation". It's no surprise that Gira was Racules' younger brother. We've got a Cain and Abel trope going there, right? After the first five episodes which introduces each and EVERY KINGDOM - we're going to get a glimpse of how things are in this strange world of fantasy. I really wanted to joke Kamen Rider Saber was an unofficial sequel to Saban's Knights of Tir Na Nog. Speaking of which, 2023 would mean celebrating the 30th anniversary of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and the 25th anniversary of Tir Na Nog. Also, it would be 25 years since Power Rangers got saved from cancellation thanks to Power Rangers in Space. In my case, I'm prone to think Tir Na Nog is in the mind of the producers.


Right now, I wonder how King Reckless (and I love calling him that) will be played out. Gira gets a princely welcome. However, Gira, being the reckless guy is only after Reckless' head. Sure, the name Racules is most likely based on the Hercules Beetle and Gira may come from the Giraffe Beetle. There's some CGI egg minions hatching but the nightmare fuel is plain negligible. I was thinking about the snobby attitude that Reckless has. Reckless is a villain with good public persona. Behind closed doors, Reckless is just plain terrible. I personally can't blame Gira for not wanting to accept their familiar bond.

The four rulers meets with Shugoddam. Shugoddam supposedly has the word protection in it. However, I want to name it STUPIDDAMN because there are a good amount of stupid people in that kingdom. I mean, come on, Reckless is already Obviously Evil but some of the citizens just adore him. Later scenes show that Reckless is an attention whore of sorts too. Reckless tries to assert his authority to the other four kingdoms. Previously, Reckless did try to intimidate Rita herself into declaring Gira guilty. I love how Rita dares to shove the copy of the Five Kingdoms Alliance. Rita gets really badass when she gets mad huh? I kinda wish Rita screamed, Rita Repulsa style, like she did on Reckless' face. 

Reckless does reveal a bit of the past. It was said that Gira was kidnapped and never found. I wonder if Shugoddam already has a series of bad rulers. Gira was kidnapped and his existence was hidden instead. There was something Reckless does mention it'd bring shame to the Hastie Family. I guess the Hastie Family is only after titles over honors. I can't help but wonder if Reckless may have actually done something to get rid of Gira before. I have a feeling Reckless was threatened by his younger brother. 

I guess it was also difficult not to talk about Mirai Sentai Timerangers' Walking Spoilers. Yes, I'm talking about Captain Ryuuya. Athough Ryuuya was at odds with the Londarz Family - he was also the one that allowed them to escape so he can rewrite history. Unlike Ryuuya, Reckless' actions are Obviously Evil yet he's got blind followers. It's a good thing though that Reckless isn't as batsh*t crazy as Joffrey Baratheon of The Game of Thrones. However, we can easily expect that Reckless may get worse and it might take Executive Meddling to soften him up. 


We have Sasorine and Kuwagata Zero. That's why we have Ohsama Gattai King-Ohger Zero. Yes, it's already revealed beforehand that Reckless can transform into Ohkuwagata-Ohger as the evil counterpart to Kuwagata-Ohger. Also, Himeno desire the Sasorine due to how golden it looks. I wonder how will Himeno's desire for glittering things affect the team. Will Rita's mysterious aura be dropped too soon? Rita's also been having many imaginary friends born from her mind too. 

Next week would seem to be another case. Can the rulers unite? What is Reckless up too? Will Himeno actually get what she wants with the Sasorine? It seems there's some interesting build-up for this show! 

Comments