King-Ohger 41: A Massive Spoiler On Racules


I guess it's time for another episode. I probably have mixed feelings about how Racules was gone for 13 episodes, returns, and gets missing again. I wonder if it's a Real Life Writes Plot incident with Masato Yano? I assume that Masato has his own busy schedule resulting in him not getting what might be intended screen time. Yet, Masato still stays with the show nonetheless! This episode is a really massive spoiler. So yeah, don't read this until you see the episode. As always, some constructive criticism helps but please watch the episode first!


Dugdead's revelation of having created Gira is one thing. The monarchs try to get rid of Dugdead but discover his longevity. I don't want to raise this issue but I'm already reminded of Juuku B-Fighter's Gaohm's big revelation in a way. I think not-so-many may have noticed the small alien that may be piloting a Mini-Mecha. I didn't want to raise it up. It reminds me of some tiny alien criminals in the Men in Black series. I guess Toei just can't get its hands off popular American movie references huh?


Dugdead is shown to be playful yet merciless. I wonder if this one is meant to balance things out. This is different than how Gekisou Sentai Carranger's true villain Emperor Exhaus is one MOFO. Exhaus had no funny moment for a show that was meant to be comedic. Racules does propose to get rid of Gira. Racules asks for the power to kill an immortal from Dugdead. 


I guess I'm getting mixed with how the second half really lacks MOTW battles. Instead, we're stuck in a giant soap opera. I may like J-Drama over Tokusatsu but I'd like to voice some harsh opinions. Sure, it's a brave thing to attempt new stuff. However, I think a MOTW every two weeks would be better than none. I may have been somewhat indifferent to Kamen Rider starting to have very few MOTW fights. Meanwhile, I do feel some disappointment with King-Ohger in this area. Sure, there are some good scenes and character build-ups. I do still feel that lacking MOTW fights and Megazord battles, later on, is somewhat a letdown for an otherwise interesting series. 


This has to be the funniest part. A whoopee cushion bomb? Yanma did attempt it on Racules and succeeded in doing so. I can't be sure if this is a bad joke or a good one. Granted, I do love writing really bad comedy in my stories so I can't be sure. I did laugh at the use of fart cushion bombs. The five monarchs are stuck on them. The revelation can be so funny later on. 


I guess Dugdead's wicked schemes have gone for too long. Is it me or do superhero shows love using ridiculously old villains at times? Think about how many supervillains are hundreds or thousands of years old. Dugdead is apparently the Thanos of this series. Reinol Husty himself was manipulated by Dugdead. Dugdead did begin the battle of Bugnarok vs. human. I think whatever Chikyu's real name was - it was most likely occupied by the Bugnaroks. I assume the Bugnaroks did welcome the humans way back 2,000 years ago (which would be 23 A.D.) until Dugdead started to stir up battles. 


As expected, the bombs here were NON-FATAL when Kaguragi stood up. I guess that was the more predictable part. Dugdead may have hit the Fourth Wall when he commented the plan was really stupid. I guess that's surprising since most Super Sentai villains suffer from Bond Villain Stupidity. It's pretty much like a dumb muscle might say, "Even I can come up with a plan like that!" Still, Yanma insists on diffusing the bomb. 

I guess any manipulation that Hirubil did on Morfonia and Shiokara wouldn't make a difference now! I was laughing at how Rita and Yanma were both distracted. I guess Hirubil's not so smart after all. Come on, Hirubil was fooled into causing Gorma's death. Now, Hiribul ends up as nothing more than a distraction. 


Episode 39 did reveal that Racules and Kaguragi had a secret meeting. It finally led to the death of Gorma. Was that scene truly a hint at redemption? If so, I think there's really a lot of toning down with Super Sentai since 2001. Sure, there have been some really sad Ranger Deaths in Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger and Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters. However, most Super Sentai series since 2001 tend to be a lot less serious. 

I'm having mixed reactions to the battle between Gira and Racules. I guess I'm too used to how Gkei and Burai ended the Green with Evil arc in Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger. This has a plot twist that has Kaguragi and Racules planning stuff. I love the philosophical discussion between Gira and Racules in their morphed forms. Gira talks about Racules' lessons back when they were children. Later, Racules "suddenly" betrays Dugdead. That happens AFTER Gira was badly beaten. It does make sense now when Gira said, "Racules could've killed me but didn't." Racules gets the power to supposedly kill an immortal but hits Dugdead. I think Dugdead is still more than ready though. We do still have the other surviving Jesters to deal with. 


I guess no Christmas-focused special next week. Some past Super Sentai entries didn't have Christmas specials at all! Ironic that Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger (which is linked to this series) had one! I guess the humans who went to Chikyu never brought the tradition or did they? Next week would feature Racules' past himself. A flashback in the preview shows how Racules was manipulated by Dugdead. I guess I was right to assume that Dugdead staged the kidnapping. I do feel Racules' redemption might be a cop-out of sorts. Maybe, it's a tribute to Burai's redemption or what? In my case, I do feel it's because of newer censorship rules. 

I'm glad Racules still came back. Okay, I do have problems with his supposed demise, returning, and not showing up too often. There's still that lore that needs to be explored. Hopefully, Racules' story will be wrapped up well regardless of how it turns out. Is Toei going to go with the Lighter and Softer approach again? I'm going to need to keep my mind calm nonetheless!

Comments