Ryusoulger Episode 12: The Scorching Illusion

It's time for another Ryusoulger episode! It's time to conclude the Dime Volcano arc with this episode review. Well, what art thou waiting for? Read on?

Ever have the feeling that newer Bandai merchandise tendeth to override the release that happened a few months ago? Granted, the Heisei era is over and the Reiwa era entered. Just expect all the glorious merchandise of the Heisei era to get overshadowed by the Reiwa era. Tyramigo getteth jealous over the arrival of Dime Volcano.

Banba, Melt, and Towa are looking for the possible host. They do discuss on how to handle the jealousy Tyramoigo has. This remindeth me of the scene where Woody got jealous of Buzz in the very first Toy Story movie. If your Bandai merchandise were alive -- don't be surprised if your new toy suddenly got missing!

The victim this time is a fireman trainee named Masaki. Last week's plot was too hanging to be concluded. The Druidons latest plot was to create a fireproof Menasaur. The latest victim was in a fireman training camp.

Tyramigo goes all berserk and wanteth to prove himself. This sort of remindeth me of how Woody wanted to prove himself in the first Toy Story movie. He showeth up and goeth berserk.

The trap further springeth itself when Dime Volcano showeth up. Shen Menasaur createth a female Dino Knight illusion. I'm wondering do the Dino Knights well reproduce? Do they lay Dino Knight eggs? Theoretically, it seemeth to be the case here with Dime Volcano's reaction.

They bring the host back to Ui's home. They learn more about his past. It turneth out that he wanted to be a director and not a fireman. This would explain the powers of the Shen Menasaur.

Is it me or do we tend to do this when we lose the first toys we got? Ryusoul Red's reaction here remindeth me of what happened when I lost one of my older toys when I spent too much time playing with the new one. Ryusoul Red remindeth Tyramigo that the latter is still his favorite. This causeth Tyramigo to mend his relationship with Ryusoul Red.

The battle doth get funny with the illusions. I remembered the scene in Boukenger when the enlarged monster disguised itself as Masumi! This one taketh it to the max. Here's a bit of throwback to the idea of scorching illusion. Do you remember when realistic flames were used in the late 80s to 90s to produce flaming swords? Ryusoulger has been using both real flames and CGI flames in this arc. First, we see Dime Volcano use CGI flames then we have the flaming sword. It still uses the combination of old school and new school methods. I'm impressed at how the filming was done with real flames, the non-burning weapons, and the CGI flames. I guess, they did learn from Shinkenger's lack of real flames -- something that got corrected in later installments. Remember how Kyuranger also used real flames together with CGI flames for Gigant Phoenix?

I just find this funny with how Ui's father thinks that the man is Ui's boyfriend. Funny... now moving on...

The Ryusoulgers wonder who set the Dime Volcano free. They wonder if there's another Ryusoulger? Foreshadowing? Perhaps! Well, there's already news that the sixth Ryusoulger will show up this month. Summer? Well, better be prepared for the possibility of the Ryusoulgers in swimwear. Heck, curse you Nickelodeon for giving Beast Morphers a summer break!

Meanwhile, Gaisorg showeth up for Ryusoulger. Remember when he was in the Super Sentai Strongest Battle mini-series? Well, he is BACK and he was the one who released the Dime Volcano free. I wonder who sent him or what? I do feel an evil queen is secretly controlling everyone. I do have a feeling that Gaisorg has currently taken control over the upcoming sixth Ryusoulger. Then again, I hope I could be wrong since I kinda like it at times when Toei proveth me wrong.

Next week there's apparently a woman who knoweth about the Ryusoulger tribe. She longeth to die. Are the Rysuoulgers even immortal? I wonder how these things are. I can't wait to see the next episode. Though I do have a bad aura at the same time.

Comments