Ryusoulger 23: It's Time For A Bandai Merchandise Clip Show

It's time for another Ryusoulger review. Right now, I can't make up my mind on whether or not I'm taking a break from said show. But tentatively, I might take my break on September 20, 2019, up to the time the K-Drama Vagabond ends. That means just don't expect my reaction on Ryusoulger updates OR just expect them to be slow. This week isn't that interesting for me but maybe for the kiddos. Personally, these recaps can be a nice break OR I simply don't care. I decided to watch in hopes of catching up with the show's mythologies!

The episode beginneth with Creon and Wizeru. Wizeru talketh about his Menasaurs. However, Wizeru has a really diabolical plan. He doth mention Sun Tzu's Art of War. But as said, this guy tends to lack an intelligent plan that could've killed the Ryusoulgers but the show must go on!

Bits of the show's lore are explained here. Koh does mention that he could hear the Ryu Souls. They are told that when a Ryu Soul loseth its power means mining for a new one. Then there is the tradition of trading Ryusouls assuming you have more than of one kind. Doth that remind you of trading pog cards or in the case of the Japanese -- menko cards?

Oto shows up after being missing for a few episodes. But why does she want to suddenly go with her brother when she is usually not immersed in the Ryusoulger folklore? There is something fishy here if you ask me!

 Both siblings Banba and Towa arrive to participate in the trade. A bit of review of past Bandai merchandise is done. Yawn. I think I've outgrown clip shows that were probably meant for children. Then again a toy collector may appreciate it too.

Drop a hint for the next Bandai merchandise? Setoh uses the body of Naohisa to talk about the legendary Wishasaur. Okay, the show really is telling me that it wasn't meant to be dinosaurs or is it? It seemeth that the show really wanted to be dragon-based but Jurassic World may have knee-jerked Toei into going with dinosaurs, huh?

Canaro is well that stupid if you ask me. He trieth to get a wife but who knoweth what harm the Wish Ryusoul will do? The others start to fight over it. What makes it suspicious is when Oto decideth to keep it for herself. Like would you entrust such a powerful object to a child? Okay Zyurangers, take note of this scene because you gave baby dinosaurs to a CHILD too!

Surprise, it turneth out that Oto was really Wizeru in disguise. Wizeru is just plain dumb in some way. He could have invaded the base, get the Wish Ryusoul and plant a bomb in the base. Then blow it up. He knoweth where the base is but he stupidly bloweth up every opportunity to seize it. Like WTF Wizeru?

Then we get a glimpse of future Bandai merchandise. It would be another mystical type of dinosaur. I can't help but play the Dragon Quest main theme here.

So what's with Oto anyway? If her brother Canaro may represent boys and their ranger crushes (in some episodes) - it seemeth Oto representh girls and their ranger crushes. I could remember how some 90s girls had a crush on certain Toku heroes. Maybe, a girl would have had a crush on Takeru in Maskman (and his actor is old enough to be my father) even if they're basically father and daughter.

Next week would be a karate-themed episode written by Naruhisa Arakawa. The preview suggesteth that we'd see both Katsumi Hyodo and the stunt double do the karate. I wonder would we get those similar fight scenes where Ryou fighteth off both out-of-suit and in-suit a lot? I doubt it that Katsumi Hyodo is ready to face bigger faces in martial arts yet. Just saying! But I'd have to wait and see on whether or not this guy is worthy of facing off bigger martial artists from the past. Do Keiichi Wada and XMA's founder Mike Chaturantabut come to mind? 

So that looks like my Ryusoulger break will be postponed until September 20, 2019. Then again I'm not sure if I'm taking it either. So just be ready for me to go on hiatus any time soon! 

Comments

  1. Please, don't stop or delay in creating more articles! Continue typing until Ryusoulger will end in about February or March 2020. However, our friend Dryed Mangoez will continue to make Ryusoulger articles on his site. Any updates on the GoGoFive 20th Anniversary this September 1, 2019 and the 2020 Super Sentai rumors? Make some articles of those if you have time, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @rogerph2015

      I think I could come up with a compromise. Like, maybe I could slow down or something though I just feel that there's other stuff getting into me. But I can come up with a compromise. Maybe, I can slow down here and focus on Vagabond or just write about Vagabond updates after every two episodes. I can't be too sure but as said, I easily do get myself burnt out since I'm not a professional writer.

      Sorry, I have no updates to GoGoFive updates too.

      Anyway, I'm glad you do still give some comments here and then to help me.

      Delete

Post a Comment