Other Sixth Rangers I Feel Are Just There To Promote New Bandai Merchandise

It's no secret that I really don't like Canaro in Ryusoulger. You can see how much I'm finding his quest to find a bride to be a really bad plot material IMHO. Like, every time it's his focus -- it's always him finding a bride. Here are the others I felt like were probably just added for the sake of merchandise than plot.


Hikaru/Magishine

Magiranger is supposed to be a team of SIBLINGS so why is it having a sixth ranger? GoGoFive did manage to complete the show without adding another hero in spandex officially joining them. I felt like Magiranger wanted to add more toys so this guy was added. For me, the show could just do without him.


Genta Umemori/Shinken Gold

He's loud, he's wacky, and there are many times I felt that doesn't do anything to add balance the show. The Shinkengers were pretty much fine having the bickering duo of Ryunosuke and Chiaki to provide comic relief. Shinkenger is mostly lighthearted so why add another comic relief? Did Toei think they needed a trio of comic reliefs so he got added? The only backstory he ever gets is that he's Takeru's childhood friend and wait, that's it? He's also my least favorite Shinkenger. Fortunately, his concept was refined with Gai Ikari in Gokaiger.


Kinji Takigawa/Starninger

Was this guy even necessary for Ninninger? True that he's got a plot of his older brother and father having been killed but I think Toei just added him for this reason -- we've got to sell more toys. I feel like his addition hardly did anything at all to spice it up. He does have an interesting personality but I feel like this guy was just made to sell more toys. I felt the Ninningers were just fine the way they were. I guess he was added because of "Duh! We've got to sell more toys!" Unfortunately, according to Tokusatsu News Network -- toy sales just didn't go as planned either!


Misao Mondo/Zyuoh the World

Please don't get me started. This guy really sours up Zyuohger for me. One reason why I'd still rewatch Gokaiger over Zyuohger after the latter ended is this -- Gai Ikari perfectly fits in but this guy? I just can't take this crybaby seriously. I can't take him seriously!

_____

Just remember these are but my opinions, okay?

Comments