Ryusoulger 26: The Seventh Knight

Well, isn't it time for another Ryusoulger weekly episode review? We are introduced to who might be the seventh hero (if ever) named Nada. This episode may start the unfolding of new Ryusoulger mythologies that might keep me engaged. But, I think I'm having some newer interests for the nth time to drive me to delay my reviews.

Is it me or is the gag of Canaro trying to find a bride already getting annoying? Canaro finds a crying woman named Chika Sudo and Nada appears. Nada wants to meet with the rest for a certain reason which he does.

It's revealed in a flashback that Nada was once a candidate to be Ryusoul Red but he failed to pass the test. He talks with the rest of the heroes about the current struggle.

A new monster called the Dodomeki Menasaur appears to steal people's kindness. Is it me or does it look like it's taken straight from Ultraman or what? This would be the first Menasaur taken from Japanese folklore. However, it looks more straight from something that would be produced by Tsubaraya productions than Toei.

A bit of a flashback of Koh. Koh had lost his kindness during the monster attack and he's now lost it. Koh started out as a violent child until Asuna came. He started caring for Asuna. Asuna was a weakling before she got her brute strength. I wonder any Koh X Asuna shippers out there?

Asuna tries to convince Koh to get out of his moody disposition. However, it doesn't help and Koh is still angry as ever. Okay, Asuna does have a bright, cheery smile but why isn't it enough to get Koh out of his moody disposition at this point in time?

The discussion of Tada and Koh further explains why the former wasn't chosen to be a Ryusoulger. I always think of Tada's disposition here -- he wants to bring Koh back to the battlefield. Suddenly, there's a bit of a lesson... Hirohisa Soda style!

I know I do miss Soda but it seems Junpei Yamaoka is taking it from him. If you've noticed -- Yamaoka's episodes do tend to teach you the moral of the week nearly the same way Soda does it in many of his episodes. True, kindness is something you learn along the way. Now only if people will just learn that lesson!

Gaisorg appears again after he's been missing some time. He interrupts the battle which doesn't lead to the conclusion yet. I mean, this does feel like an introductory arc is coming any time soon. Build-ups? Also, Banba reveals Gaisorg to have been an armor invented by the Ryusoul Tribe. So what's Gaisorg's future role in this series?

I just love how Koh acknowledges his friends in his lifestyle. I really can't help but think of how teamwork really matters in this scene. But there are still more battles ahead and it's half of the show already!

Meanwhile, a new map is uncovered. There's a new mission to find some new merchandise. Yet, it doesn't seem to lead to the mysterious underwater Menasaur just yet!

Next week there will be another Whateversaurus going on. Right now, I do feel my passion for Super Sentai is waning because of the upcoming Vagabond TV series and the possible excitement Kamen Rider Zero-One will be bringing in soon. 

Comments