Kiramager 10 - The Girl Who Chases After Shiguru

This week's episode is really what I'd call not to be as good as other episodes. Okay, that's just what I think so don't get mad, okay? I really find this episode to be sort of weird. Is it me or is Naruhisa Arakawa (well, he's got Ayumi Shino co-writing here) really now burned out? 

Kiramager does have its emphasis on taking ToQGer's imagination station to a whole new level. Shiguru is a swordsman so it's only normal he tries to use new techniques in relation to the sword. Have to admit that this scene can make anybody nervous.

Meanwhile, news of a new sensation star named Princess Yodoni appears. Shigeru gets startled then pretends not to know her. Well, this episode does get weird with somebody's past getting unveiled. Also, the new sensation plays before sunrise.

It turns out Princess Yodoni's music can hypnotize the people. Fortunately for the princess Mabushina couldn't be hurt by it due to her skin. This really has that classic cliche in Toku of using music to manipulate people.

Meanwhile, this is really not too flattering. Shiguru got way too many fan letters from Iyo Kodera. Yes, Princess Yodoni is acted by former AKB48 member Nana Owada. As said, I don't really know much about who's who in Japan. It's my first time to hear her name just like it was my first time to hear Kazuo Niibori's name in Akibaranger.

This gets really funny. It's no wonder why Shiguru wouldn't want to go to that address. I love how Toei tends to humanize the heroes who can beat powerful villains but are afraid of certain normal people. I guess they know better than to use their powers to harm certain people, right?

I initially thought that the singer Koderan is a monster in disguise. Turns out that she's controlled by a monster in disguise in a Faustian pact to be with Shiguru. Okay, isn't that taking one's fangirlism too far? She's just disoriented if you ask me.

The next scene would break Kodera heart without understanding what happened. Kiramei Blue uses his gap sword slash to free her. I do find her idiotic not to realize she is NOT A BIT HURT by that technique.

Mecha battle is not so much to talk about. Even the monster battle is really bland for me in contrast to the previous episodes. I guess there's a lot of trimming done for a good reason, right?

Meanwhile, things got more awkward. So, Kodera develops a crush on Sayo for a dumb reason. She's probably just a dumb girl with an identity crisis. I dunno did Arakawa try to write the supposed shipping of Kozkoz and Hiroyo in Akibaranger? In my case, I don't ship yaoi at all since I'm still holding to most traditional values. Either way, good thing that Shiguru has one less burden to go and maybe we'll never see Kodera again like most Super Sentai guest characters.

Comments