Kiramager 24: Let's Start A Band

Let's form a band? I do feel the title of forming a bad seems to be just secondary here. In fact, this episode imaginatively puts the title into the need to encourage a boy to get surgery. Yes, scared of surgery. Didn't we see that in Jetman (which had a girl though), Exceedraft, and Timeranger where a ranger has to encourage a person scared of surgery? Now, for the main event. Granted, I'm now even wondering if Tete Inoue is related to Toshiki Inoue. 

The opening has the cliche of a child scared to face surgery. Yup, that's what the episode is all about. I was thinking about how Sayo is a health care professional. I even wonder why didn't GoGoFive and Lightspeed Rescue, of all seasons, really bother to have this kind of episode? Hmmm... an oversight from both franchises? Probably and I guess this episode fixed that oversight. 

Meanwhile, a jukebox-themed monster known as Jukebox Jamen shows up. I really just laugh at the head. I'm also reminded of Jetman's episode where a boombox monster was stealing women's voices to weaponize. Supersonic sound waves seem to be a cliche in Super Sentai monsters huh?

Worse, three people (who were part of a band) get an accident along the way. It's only normal these casualties happen when there's a monster attack. I think the censorship of Super Sentai due to Japan's current policies saved these guys. GoGoFive wasn't afraid to put a child under ICU after GoYellow's unfortunate fired shot.

So Sayo asks for help from the others with some hilarious results...

Meanwhile, Dukebox Jamen tries to use Kayo for his own ends. Oh boy... this is really scary. Timeranger didn't have the Londarz directly in Timeranger's 35th episode. 

The whole band is well, out of sync. Sayo gave them the music sheet but they can't get it. Well, I'm not musically inclined either!

This has Sayo trying to reach out to her patient. However, Jukebox Jamen absorbs Kayo right into herself There's also the funny scene of Garza playing the guitar horribly. I guess the Yodoheim find screechy music pleasant? Sayo manages to organize her band to save Kayo on time.


Is it me or is it inconsiderate to leave Kiramei Silver behind? Granted, Kiramei Silver does rescue the child and the others were playing the music to counter the monster. Kirame Silver destroys Jukebox Jamen.


The battle with Jukebox Hildon features the Dashark being used by Kirameizin. The battle is cut rather short though. I guess time was running out then!


Finally, Kayo has the courage to face surgery. I'm just reminded of how Jetman, Exceedraft, and Timeranger had the child-of-the-week scared of surgery finally agreeing to it. Though I'm glad that they didn't do the Groundhog Day theme which was actually played way back on episode 11.


Next week might be a funny episode with Tametomo falling in love. I wonder how it'd actually turn out? Though I do seldom feel that I wish Yasuko Kobayashi was a co-writer here. I confess I was planning to do a ToQGer rewatch BUT other K-Drama stuff caught me off guard too!

Comments