Wishful Casting Kiramager Edition: Who I Wish Was Yodonna In Kiramager

 

With the upcoming AGE-RESTRICTED Yodonna spin-off - I decided I would write this post for fun. I didn't want to write it last year and I was actually fine with Nashiko Momotsuki as Yodonna. Nashiko was actually the villain Shuka in the GARO Versus Road movie. However, I felt a more experienced actress such as either Nao Nagasawa or Ayumi Kinoshita could've done the part. My pick also came from a GARO movie and I want to emphasize her a lot...

My personal thoughts were that Sayaka Akimoto should've been Yodonna. There are times established celebrities play up as important characters in Super Sentai. Goro Ibuki and Hayato Tani both played mentor roles to their fellow Takerus. The late Munemaru Koda and the late Soga Machiko do more than just Tokusatsu while playing recurring villains. I'm not saying that Nashiko didn't do well - she still did. However, I felt Sayaka's experience in martial arts, acting, and her role as Biku in the Garo spin-off movie. Her role was the main heroine but she sure looked like a villain. I felt that Sayaka could've been more intimidating as Yodonna. Nashiko looks kinda too innocent. Sayaka somewhat has that fierce look as the Makai priestess Biku. 

It was 2020 when Sayaka Akimoto got married to rapper Punpee. I guess Sayaka's marriage to Punpee is making her probably temporarily unavailable for filming. I guess Tori Matsuzaka's marriage to Erika Toda (though I really wished he married a Filipino woman instead) probably stood in the way of my wish he would be Isaac in Kamen Rider Saber

However, Nashiko has proven herself. I'd like to say that the spin-off movie is proof that she proved herself. Maybe, Yodonna became that popular as a villain too to get her own spin-off movie. I just felt like writing this one for the sake of it!

Comments

  1. Tori Matsuzaka rumoured that he would not work for Toei again. He is too poplular nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment