My Thoughts On Hakaizer's Addition And His Revealed Identity


Okay, this isn't really surprising now that this blog is now hardly updated, right? As said, it's not a news blog but me giving reactions. Not to mention, Netflix has a lot of stuff worth checking out (which may be the reason why most of the the Power Rangers series were pulled off) which is more interesting than Super Sentai. Also, making episode reviews can be rather tiring than enjoyable (again). So, here's my rather sudden update after the episodes where Hakaizer was introduced up to last Sunday's wacky Halloween episode. It's the identity of Hakaizer which may or not be surprising.

The first appearance of Hakaizer had him have a weapon that ONLY Zenkaiser could use. That weapon retrieved from Hakaizer was created by Isao. I thought Hakaizer was only created as a counter for the Zenkaigers. Nope, maybe, not surprisingly, Hakaizer is actually Professor Isao Goshikara, the father of the main protagonist Kaito! Is it surprising? For me, it's not really that surprising if you think about some father-son conflicts in earlier Super Sentai series. 

Dairanger had Ryou's father who defected to the Gorma but later returned back to the side of good. Kakuranger had Tsurihime's father Hakumenrou who pretended to defect to find out Daimaou's weakness. Magiranger had the Ozu Siblings' father who became Wolzard. Gekiranger had Jan facing off against Dan who is brainwashed and crazy - the only way to redeem Dan was to defeat his corrupted form once and for all. Kyuranger had a weird throwback to Return of the Jedi though I kinda wish it didn't happen.Most of them were brainwashed and crazy. It seems Hakaizer is on that path too.

For now, this might be my latest post. I feel like I'm not that interested with Super Sentai anymore after seeing almost all of the old school and new school. How many old school Super Sentai have you watched? How many new school Super Sentai have you watched? That would be two good questions to answer for any fan. In my case, having watched almost all of them gave me a taste fatigue. XP 

Comments

  1. Hey Sean, you should do episode reviews for Kamen Rider Revice. It would give you something else to do instead of those Sentai episode reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to say but I'm having some personal stuff going on. It was fun doing episode reviews but as said, I'm getting caught up with different stuff this digital age hence why I haven't been doing them.

      Delete

Post a Comment