Tsubasa Inuzaka As The Ryusei Sakata Of "Donbrothers"

 

It's too obvious that I decided to quit doing episode reviews because I'm watching shows at irregular paces. Avatar Sentai Donbrothers is already no exemption to that rule. Right now, I even feel Kamen Rider Geats has become somewhat more enjoyable version of Squid Game (which I dropped due to how annoying the "hero" is). I even feel that Geats may become more enjoyable (hopefully), especially with how Neon Kurama may become a more fleshed-out version of Sakura Nishihori from Gougou Sentai Boukenger. Now, it's time a new concept in Super Sentai (but not so new to Kamen Rider) where an ally or team member's secret identity is unknown.

So, I thought it's kinda weird really how the Donbrothers team was gathered. Haruka Kito still questioned Don Momotaro's real identity. I don't deny that Haruka has every right to be skeptical after all the bad events that happened. One teammate namely Tsubasa's secret identity is still secret to them. I find it all that funny when Tsubasa's secret identity as Inou Brother is STILL UNKNOWN. Yeah, talk about having a very UNORTHODOX Super Sentai team. Last year attempted it with Kikou Sentai Zenkaiger and this year attempted it with a group of humans. I still think Zenkaiger had interesting innovations but the writing and execution weren't what I expected. Still, I appreciate how Zenkaiger created quite an unusual Super Sentai team for an anniversary.


This reminds me of another character named Ryusei Sakuta from Kamen Rider Fourze. Yeah, it's 2011 when it first aired. Ryusei was a transfer student at Amanogawa High School. None of the Kamen Rider Club members were aware that Ryusei and Kamen Rider Meteor were one and the same. It's pretty much nearly a rule of thumb for superheroes to hide their identities. Episode 31 was where Ryusei's secret identity got revealed to the Kamen Rider Club.

I guess Inoue wanted to attempt this concept in Super Sentai. I teel Tsubasa was a concept of trying Gai Yuki's concept into the show yet adding a twist. I wonder how the revelation episode will take place. Has Inoue been rewatching Fourze or what? 

Comments