The Strange Plot Of Natsumi And Miho

Halloween may be over (and I wanted to write this post previously). However, due to the fact that well, there's no Kiddie Show Sunday this week which I think is due to the sports event. I wonder how my younger self would react. It's the ongoing plot of Natsumi Kuromochi and Miho Kijino. Both are played by the same actress namely Momoko Arata. This is pretty much a lot of weird comic book plots copied. Yeah, we know how Tokusatsu does copy plots also from a lot of American pop culture references, right?

Toshiki Inoue is a man regarded for his weird humor as well. Avatar Sentai Donbrothers is one show that doesn't have the older Inoue trademarks. Inoue, a man known for nightmare fuel, early on, would later attempt comedy and it was hit or miss. I seldom even wonder what if Inoue took part in writing Samurai Sentai Shinkenger or Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters. Sure, I'll forever consider Inoue's Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger that incredibly "cruel episode". However, I was curious about what he could've done if Toei Ltd. allowed him to write episodes for Shinkenger and Go-Busters. Inoue also wrote a few tolerable episodes of Kamen Rider Decade followed up by Yasuko Kobayashi's awesome two-parter

We have Tsubasa Inuzaka's missing girlfriend Natsumi. We have Tyuyoshi Kijino who is married to Miho. What really becomes so weird is that Miho is NO ORDINARY GIRL. I almost felt this is a weird plot by Inoue. Miho is secretly Crane Juuto. Miho has a human side and a beastial side. The Juuto are artificial lifeforms created by the Don Clan so the Noto Layer members don't rely on human brainwaves. Unfortunately, this really went wrong and we have Cat Juuto and Crane Juuto. Tsubasa ends up admitting, "There's no Miho!" That might be very shocking for Tsubasa himself. 

The plot reminds me of a weird script Inoue wrote 22 years ago. Inoue wrote at least two episodes in Mirai Sentai Timeranger. I guess he wasn't too happy over the tasks he received later on. The Baron Racer episode was good. However, episode 22 was pretty weird. An alien monster named Barbara dons the identity of Kyouko a dating scam lady. The episode had the Timeranger boys fooled by "Kyouko" when she was actually an alien fugitive. A pretty weird episode actually. I also felt it was weird since I never found Yuuri to be all that attractive. I guess Inoue revisited one of his older scripts to create an ongoing plot.

There's also the Hikari Sentai Maskman episode where Momoko falls for a monster of the week. That episode was kinda freaky. The episode was given its own twist by Naruhisa Arakawa in Gosei Sentai Dairanger with Kazunori Inaba as the monster of the week. I guess Inoue wanted to tweak around his old scripts and MAKE THEM LONGER. Here, Tsubasa is unknowingly married to a monster of the week (Miho) who has a split personality.

What freaked me out was how Natsumi is found hanging from a tree. Right now, I'm exactly wondering how this will play out. How will Miho be now that Natsumi is found? What will Tsubasa do when he founds out he's been married to a monster of the week all along? I just can't wait to find out what weird stunt Inoue will pull off next... will he do a Frank Miller? Hmmmm... I'd want to see that since it's a long time Inoue did much for Super Sentai

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment