King-Ohger 17: N'Kosoppa's Dilemma

 

Last week, we had the Bugnarok Treaty. Something goes wrong and the Obviously Evil rat isn't too much of a Walking Spoiler. Apparently, Racules himself hasn't gotten over what Yanma did but isn't that taking things TOO FAR?

I was hoping Gira would stop faking it in this spot. However, Yanma still feels that the time isn't right. I guess people in the World of King-Ohger don't have Super Sentai as a show within a show. If Yanma saw Ucchu Sentai Kyuranger - I guess he'd be familiar with the type of person Lucky is. Racules calls for a treaty with the Bugnaroks with this condition - destroy the rival states. Racules wants Yanma to bow down to him. Although, I kinda wanted Racules to say and demand, "Apologize for that attempted fart joke now!" instead. 

Gira is right when he said, "Racules is pulling the strings." Racules is trying to achieve rulership over Terra. Racules will do ANYTHING in his power to rule the whole world. Yanma does get ticked off at Gira. Yet, I don't blame Gira because he's feeling helpless as his older brother is wrecking the whole world. Racules is simply a self-entitled Spoiled Brat! 

I could agree with what Himeno says about Racules' spoiled attitude. Earlier on, Jeramie did mention that Racules is a brat with no respect for his elders. I wonder how Racules ever grew up or did his late father Corsus Hastie fail to discipline him. Either way, Racules' attitude is pretty much a petty Spoiled Brat like General Miwa from Tossho Daimos. Miwa always wanted control of the Daimobic Base and the Daimos robot. The same thing that Racules wants control of the King-Ohger Gattai as bady as Miwa wants the Daimos robot. 


The next turn of events kinda disappoints me yet it also amuses me. Racules has NO IDEA what he's really doing now. Racules uses his same charismatic ability to fool the population. The mainstream media of Shugoddom is, after all, pro-Racules and very anti-Gira. Gemojim then warns Jeramie of the revival of a new villain, Daigorg. Daigorg does have a rather strange design if you ask me. 

Jeramie confronts Racules at the palace and talks about Daigorg's revival. As revealed, NOT all Bugnaroks are evil. I do have a feeling Racules is signing a false peace treaty with the Bugnaroks. Neither Desnarak VIII nor Racules can be trusted. Racules does have his Chronic Backstabbing Disorder going on. Even worse...


Racules is THAT power-hungry that he'll do anything for power. Is it me or are the people of Shugoddom really that stupid not to see their ruler as a real douchebag? Racules provided the equipment to Desnarak VIII to revive Daigorg. Racules is a real idiot since he and Desnarak VIII will have a high possibility of backstabbing each other. Racules then comes out with a very cold evil laugh. I did remember how Mikoto Nakadai from Bakuryu Sentai Abaranger rendered a really cold-blooded Evil Laugh. Is this meant to be an Easter Egg because the show turned 20 some time ago? Both Mikoto and Racules are evil rangers that toy around with others. I wouldn't be surprised if Racules ends up having a lame redemption arc!


A side note I'd like to add is that Racules gives off the expected typical evil laugh. I did expect Racules to laugh like Dr. Evil with his two vassals. It's because Yanma's failed fart joke gave us a funny imagined scene. There are times Racules ends up looking more funny than intimidating. Instead, Racules likes the typical Super Sentai villain. I think there are some cultural differences here and there. Power Rangers is pretty much aimed at the Western audience. I guess the Dr. Evil type of laugh may not work in Japan. That may explain why Power Rangers uses hammy evil laughs while Super Sentai uses the more sinister tones. Who can remember how Rita Repulsa's laugh was meant to be like the typical Saturday Morning Cartoon villain while Bandora herself has a very creepy laugh?

Jeramie is brought to Rita's court. Okay, I was even thinking for a bit that Rita might be throwing a bit to Super Sentai Strongest Battle Rita here. SSSB Rita was arrested at the end of the mini-series to make up for her rather juvenile crimes. Jeramie is given a chance to redeem himself by contributing to actual peace. Rita doesn't get a headache and scream here. Just right now though, I really wished that Rita herself would reference the Planet Nemesis. Maybe, make a book called the Nemesis Book of Justice since Nemesis is also the Greek goddess of vindication. 

I wonder why Toei has been repeating clusterf*ck Megazords since Gougou Sentai Boukenger? Has it been because Power Rangers fans in the West ended up loving the designs? Did Bandai think that clusterf*ck Megazords would sell well not only for Super Sentai but also when the whole concept is copied into Power Rangers? Okay, I think I've always had issues with the clusterf*ck Megazords because of how bulky they look. It's amazing just how the suit actor could carry things out. 

Gira is stubborn to the end. Shiokara tries to trag Gira off. There's also a plan to transfer the injured to Ishabana. At this point, Gira is getting rather stubborn yet I can understand why. At this point, I kinda wanted Ben and Betty from Power Rangers Beast Morphers to serve as Himeno's bumbling assistants. Maybe, they could handle Gira or not. Then again, it was fun seeing Shiokara FAIL to contain Gira's rage.

Racules is making some really meme-worthy faces again with a very cold evil Abare Killer type laugh. Sure, Racules is The Bully and Spoiled Brat you'd want to punch. Racules is now acting like a high school bully who's making fun of the odd guy in school. Yanma would be that odd guy in school and Racules would be the popular Spoiled Brat. Just when the bully hall monitor is about to get things done - his fun ends when Gira shows up. This was the moment I wanted for. Man, I hope Racules will come up with more shenanigans now that he knows Gira's alive.

Still, I wanted Racules to say, "Then kneel down and apologize for that fart gag!" to Yanma. Racules has his petty behavior - something that was warned to Yanma when he attempted it. Racules may have not sat on the fart cushion BUT he saw it was intended for him. I guess Yanma's learning it the hard way that throwing a prank on a petty person is a BAD IDEA. Racules does end up looking funny (at times) with the Abare Killer-style laugh balancing things out. I guess that's why the Dr. Evil-type laugh was never done. I guess the Japanese wouldn't want it! 

This is where I think Racules isn't considering things OR he's ready for it. I feel like Racules may have an untapped huge amount of power. Maybe, Racules has a backup plan to get rid of BOTH the Bugnarok and the other monarchs. I'm imagining Racules may have some nukes to bomb the Bugnarok or some lame excuse that lame idiots will believe. Either way, I'm getting excited (and nervous) over what could happen next. I really want Racules to stay longer since the guy has high entertainment value! 


Next week might explore the royal bloodline of Shugoddam. Some people might think somebody else is controlling Racules. What if Corsus was really a bad king and that trait passed down to Racules? I could imagine what Racules might do next now that he knows Gira is around. Hopefully, Racules will do crazier stuff since he's practically a villain with high entertainment value. Meanwhile, I hope that Desnarak VIII will break the treaty so Racules can get a little more entertaining. 

Comments