King-Ohger Episode 16: Rita Kaniska's Past Explored

 

This week's King-Ohger may have some bit more Easter eggs or not? We get to see Rita Kaniska develop to when she became a ten-year-old sovereign. Okay, has anybody even made the rules of succession clear? Isn't 10 years old TOO EARLY for just anyone to become the Chief Justice? Where are all the people Rita Kaniska out? 

This week doesn't seem to have one of Rita Kaniska's "I"ve got such a headache!" moments. Instead, we have Rita Kaniska wanting the Moffun premium but she's got rules to follow. Morfonia tells Rita Kaniska about the new Moffun accessory but she REJECTS it. TBH, I think the Moffun collection seems incomprehensible since I never bothered to collect different types of action figurines of both Spider-Man and Wolverine - two of my favorite Marvel characters! Rita Kaniska decides to head to Ishibana. 

The meeting at Ishibana does touch on some severe issues. I kinda expected Rita Kaniska to get a headache after Himeno asks her about her past. Rita Kaniska is rather professional so she's probably learned to handle her migraines. Rita Kaniska wants the venom analyzed since she's been trying Shiron for more than a decade. 

Himeno mentioned how both she and Rita became rulers as children. It's not a very normal childhood. I guess both of them had regents who guided them in ruling well. Rita still wonders if she had the right judgment for the last 15 years. 


The trial of Shiron carries a mystery that's solved at the end of the episode. What was the Fury of the Gods about? Who was that mysterious cloaked man? My WMGs are either Desnarak VIII himself (who I love to forcibly compare to Professor Monster from Supaida-Man) and maybe Corsus Hastie himself who died before the series began. There's also Kamejim talking to a kaijim known as Wagerajim. I think it's almost a reference to the arcade game Dig Dug. I don't think it was intentional though.


An interesting note is that Desnarak VIII hasn't played an active role in this episode. I do have a feeling that Racules is trying yet another crazy scheme? What was that peace negotiation about? I kinda have a feeling that Racules' Chronic Backstabbing Disorder will be played straight. Racules already backstabbed the four other rulers. I think he'll backstab the Bugnarok should he get the chance. 


With the peace negotiations, I don't blame Yanma for what he's thinking. It seems Racules and Desnarak VIII may have some deal (and both will probably attempt to kill the other, eventually) going on. I have a feeling Racules is getting rather vindictive toward Yanma. My WMG has to be Yanma's failed attempt to let Racules sit on that fart cushion. I did want Racules to sit on the cushion AND he'd do something stupid as a result. Maybe, I didn't get my first wish where Racules sits on the fart cushion. However, Racules may have done something REALLY STUPID that led to the Bugnarok soldiers attacking N'Kosopa. I want to pretend the Hasties were descended from Rolan from Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. If that's so then they do have Queen Maeve's malice running in their blood. Racules inherited most of Maeve's malice while Gira inherited Rolan's heroism. 



I originally thought that the previous sovereign was Rita Kaniska's mother. Apparently, the show has no intention to show us Rita's parents like how earlier Super Sentai shows never gave us much of a background for the rangers. A lot of details are shown in the past. Quite interestingly, two cast members were last seen in Kamen Rider Drive. Yes, Keisuke Iida is Shiron and the previous chief justice is Rei Yoshi. I couldn't help but admire Iida's acting. I wonder why Iida left midseason of Drive when that guy's acting made that corrupt police chief Niwa oh-so-evil! Later, Shiron reveals that his wife is still alive and will be searching for her. There are still mysteries built up.

What interested me is how Karras and Shiron both made a fake death scene. It also revealed a note that encouraged Rita to embrace her true self. Right now, it's very easy for me to throw the Rita Repulsa jokes again. I may not like Power Rangers but I can't help but joke that Emperor Zetto in Ressha Sentai ToQGer is the true son of Lord Zedd and Rita - thereby removing Thrax! I wanted to joke that after ToQGer, both Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd managed to rescue their son and nursed him back. Meanwhile, Rita was trained by Karras and Shiron not to follow the darker past of her parents.


When I saw this shot, I almost thought that Himeno was giving Rita a pair of clothes. It would be funny if Rita got clothes that resembled Majo Bandora (Rita Repulsa) from Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger. The Rita reference was done in Super Sentai Strongest Battle with a young villain also named RITA. Yes, Rita in Super Sentai Strongest Battle also wanted to revive Dai Satan. Instead, it was a Moffun premium which Rita always wanted. Rita apparently has to learn to be more flexible to rule properly. Rita discovers that the Wrath of the Gods was really orchestrated by the still unknown assailant. 


The ending scene has Racules showing up. As mentioned earlier, Racules probably bears a grudge against Yanma for that fart cushion. Sure, I wanted Racules to do something stupid like increase the nuclear weapons production of Shugoddom. However, it seems that Racules has arranged a rather petty deal. Gemojim is also friends with Jeramie. Gemojim was involved in the fart cushion plan. Racules does look like a very petty fellow who'd do Disproportionate Retribution if you cross him. Hmmm... YANMA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? 

I guess that's the whole agreement. I guess Desnarak VIII is looking for the traitor Gemojim and wants the head of Jeramie. Meanwhile, Racules wants to punish Yanma for that fart cushion. Some villains can be oh-so-petty one way or another. I think Racules is making the deal (for now) so he could punish N'Kosopa without showing his true colors. I just wonder though how long Gira can pretend to be dead since Racules is going to discover the truth sooner or later. Racules may have already discovered Gira is alive and hiding in N'Kosopa. Though, I want to believe that Racules wants to punish Yanma for that fart cushion. LIKE SERIOUSLY?! Racules might also be planning to nuke N'Kosopa AND the Bugnaroks at once too. Racules is very much like General Miwa from Tossho Daimos - a self-serving idiot! 


Next week has a Yanma-focused episode. Yanma might want to raise up Racules' petty attitude. I think Racules might end up saying, "DAMN IT YANMA! NOW TAKE THAT FOR YOUR ATTEMPTED HUMILIATION." I could imagine Racules might foolishly want to execute Yanma with stink bombs one way or another. Either way, it seems we might see Yanma do more suitless action. 

Comments