King-Ohger 19: The Gathering Of The Sovereigns

 

This has to be one weird title, is it? Rather than write the actual title which is "Ohsama Sentai King-Ohger" - I felt the need to write a title "more fitting". It's a very strange way to title an episode after the show's title. This week's episode features the development that was needed after Gira's faked death. We also get to see how Racules might be more of a Stupid Evil type of Evil Overlord. 

Racules should've known better than to take advantage of Jeramie's desire. So far, we haven't met more good Bugnaroks aside from Jeramie's unnamed mother and Gemojim. Racules is now forced to announce as a puppet king. Oh boy, I guess Racules never saw that coming or his overconfidence gets the best of him. Desnarak VIII does show some contingency planning. Sure, Desnarak VIII hasn't had much of a victory either but this episode shows why he's not to be underestimated. 

Later, Yanma and Jeramie escape much to the chagrin of the nurses in Ishabana. I kinda wanted to imagine that Ben and Betty from Power Rangers Beast Morphers were left in charge to watch over Jeramie and Yanma. Ben and Betty arguing would've allowed both Jeramie and Yanma to escape. Then again the nurse in charge wasn't exactly smart either. 

At the castle, Racules' own actions bite him back. Desnarak VIII obviously wants to torture people as long as possible. I have a feeling Desnarak VIII doesn't want humans to be more evil than him. What I love about this scene is how Suzume still pretends to love Racules. I wonder where in the world is Boshimar and why do we only have Douga? Maybe the fan theory that Boshimar is Kamejim might be true after all? Maybe not. I think Boshimar's probably been locked up somewhere. The theory I saw that says Douga is secretly Desnarak VIII now falls. Hopefully, Boshimar isn't Kamejim because it sounds even more stupid than Racules' idiotic decisions. 


Gira's return starts to reveal the truth. Kogane starts to talk about her disgust at how Racules gets so much popularity. It's safe to assume that Shugoddom is actually ruled by a demagogue. Racules is a very charismatic speaker that even an idiot like him gets adoration from the masses. The pro-Racules media has painted a positive image until now. Well, Kogane has had enough. So does Gira. Gira then shows that he's not the villain as Racules' Trial by Publicity puts him out to be. 

This one gets funny with Racules' idiotic decisions. Racules tries to escape and FOOLISHLY thinks that both Yanma and Jeramie are there to save him. It reminds me of the number of times General Miwa from Tossho Daimos foolishly thinks Kazuya is there to "save" him. Well, this scene almost reminds me of a scene when Kyoshiro threw Miwa into the pond to "cool down". 


I guess this is the revenge I wanted to see. Five episodes ago was when Yanma's fart joke failed. Now, Yanma manages to make Racules sit on that fart cushion. Talk about humiliating a dethroned sovereign. I guess this is figurative that Racules can't hide his stench for too long. I just hope both Jeramie and Yanma recorded it and upload it on SOCIAL MEDIA. That would be very funny. TBH, I've had a lot of fun making fun of Racules ever since that failed prank. Hopefully, Racules will become more meme-worthy because of his Stupid Evil actions.

Racules is packed as a present to Desnarak VIII. This almost reminds me of G.I.Joe's second season five-parter "Arise Serpentor Arise". Serpentor momentarily took over Washington D.C. in the conclusion. However, Serpentor's invasion and occupation were foiled at the end of the day. That's really the consequence of Dr. Mindbender using Sgt. Slaughter's DNA instead of Mao Zedong's huh? Maybe, this can be compared to Napoleon Bonaparte's loss at Waterloo. Later, the King-Ohgers enter the royal courtroom ready to throw away Desnarak VIII from Shugoddom territory.

I would agree with Desnarak VIII that Racules is an IMBECILE. Yes, that guy isn't fit to be king at all! The declaration of the alliance of five kingdoms is on. Rita declares the final declaration. I guess Racules' own greed always gets the best of him. In my case, I thought the treaty thing wasn't what I wanted. I kinda wanted Racules to get dethroned because he was going to violate some nuclear weapons law instead. I wanted Racules to have been declared an imbecile because he wanted to nuke the Bugnaroks. I guess the producers wanted to have it a little more complex than the expected, "I'll bomb those bugs!" plot. 

The fight to get rid of the Bugnarok occupation is there. I guess Desnarak VIII wasn't too well-prepared either. I think Desnarak VIII got the typical villain overconfidence going on. This causes the Bugnaroks to be expelled from Shugoddom after some battles. Desnarak VIII escapes with Kamejim and Daigorg after their failed occupation. 

The King-Ohgers having been grouped together in a treaty declare their power as sovereigns. Well, Gira's not a king (yet) and the position of Jeramie is yet to be determined. The mecha battle was rather short though. I hope that mecha battles can be improved over time.

I find it something that Rita refuses to arrest Racules. Her reason has to be because of the "Eye for Eye" code. Come on, didn't Racules attempt to MURDER YANMA? I guess Yanma's fart joke was considered "just payment" by the courts of Gokkan. Okay, like what in the world is going on? I feel Yanma's frustration. Rita does get another headache again like "her mother dearest Rita Repulsa". I wonder if Rita has some secret document to justify her actions. Is it because Racules is just a Psychopathic Manchild or what? Come on, Racules is already nearly as crazy as Miwa from Daimos in some way! 

Gira's not satisfied with Rita's verdict. I guess the throne must be contested now on who makes a better king. I wonder if Gira is still trying to save any goodness from within his older brother. I think there must be a reason why Gira got kidnapped. Was it because Gira was considered a weak link to the Hastie family? Who was that mysterious man who murdered Himeno's parents? It seems a lot of stuff will be revealed soon!


Next week will be another Game of Thrones Trial by Combat. Okay, a watered-down version because we're dealing with how Super Sentai nearly got into TV-Y7-FV levels in terms of action scenes and violence. A lot of suitless fight scenes these days aren't as impressive as they were in the 1990s. The fight scene of Geki and Burai in Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger might stand out better than what may happen next week. It almost looks like it could air on Cartoon Network with a few edits. I hope Racules survives his dethroning since that guy is one fun Stupid Evil character. 

Comments