King-Ohger 28: A Messy Switcheroo X3


This week's episode has got to be a very messy comedy. Maybe, I'll call it a watchable mess of an episode. If I could actually bother to finish some shows like Kamen Rider BLACK RX, B-Fighter Kabuto, Kamen Rider Kabuto, and Kamen Rider Kiva then I don't find this episode a real challenge. Yes, it's kind of a mess but it's pretty watchable and entertaining. This episode manages to take the body swapping episodes of Chikyu Sentai Fiveman (where Fumiya and Remi got body-swapped), Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (where Billy and Kimberly got their bodies swapped by a failed experiment), and Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger (where Doc and Luka got body-swapped). In this case, prepare for three times the mayhem!


Dugdead Dujardin prepares for another game. He goes to his generals and punishes Kamejim for his previous failure. Now, it's time for the next one who I think is Gorma, not Goma. Okay, I could be wrong though. The new plan is to create a big mess to deal with the Kingdom of Chikyu. 


Kaguragi and Himeno switch places. Rita and Yanma switch bodies. Gira and Jeramie switch bodies. Oh boy, talk about messing things up 3x more than what was done with previous shows. Is this plot rather intentional because Power Rangers Cosmic Fury is incoming so more money for Toei? This episode gives me such a headache. Rita does get her migraines inside Yanma's body. 


The lack of coordination becomes key to Gorma's temporal victory. Gorma does things up since the rulers themselves aren't used to their new bodies. Obviously, Kaguragi can't handle Himeno's slender body. Rita and Yanma can't handle each other's bodies too. Well, Jeramie and Gira are in no better condition. Though Gorma suffers from supervillain overconfidence by NOT finishing them off. I think Gorma should've gone to the city and swapped civilian minds with animals for added chaos.


I think Jeramie!Gira's suggestion is to get to know each other better. I think that would be the only way that they'd know each other better. However, there are several hilarious results from each other. I guess learning something new is always hard the first time... RIGHT?



I think these scenes tend to go worse than what Fiveman, Mighty Morphin', and Gokaiger could imagine. At least Billy and Kimberly weren't ruling any country! The rulers have to swap places without a clue of how to run each other's countries. However, some creativity managed for them to figure things out. Himeno!Kaguragi is now introducing new forms of medication to Toufu. Kaguragi!Himeno may have screwed up introducing new food but introduced better work. I think only Yanma!Rita and Rita!Yanma aren't getting things straight at first. Seeing people arrested and released a few moments later is just funny.

A sidenote that may or not make sense. I guess Toei is fully aware that Erica Murakami looks like Jacqueline Scislowski and So Kaku looks like Yoshi Sudarso. I tend to feel like So's fighting scenes are comparable to Yoshi Sudarso's fighting scenes. I guess the body swap between Himeno and Kaguragi was intentional. We could've easily swapped Himeno and Rita. Maybe, it'd be better if Kaguragi swapped bodies with Yanma instead. Though I admit that I wish Power Rangers Beast Morphers didn't carry over footage from that messed up Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters movie. Then again food and medicine seem closer so I guess that's what happened. 


By knowing more about each other, they do manage to reverse Gorma's spell. Phew! The mess is seemingly over. Jeramie!Gira executes a powerful punch at Gorma's face. This returns everyone to normal. Sidenote, I think I'm going to complain about how King-Ohger's Battlizer might be getting overused. One of the reasons why I ended up disliking Power Rangers was some seasons overused the Battlizers. I also felt that the Super Blue Beet form from Juuku B-Fighter is almost a bail-out for almost EVERY SINGLE EPISODE after it showed up. I just want to see the Founder's Crown used in desperate situations and not advertised as some blatant toy commercial. Sure, I don't mind if Toei wants to honor James MacLurcan meeting the Engine Sentai Go-Onger cast last 2008. I think overusing the Founder's Crown might be more harm than good. 


The next part really has the vassals attacking the kings? What in the world is going on? I was suspecting some disguised mooks. What would it be then? It seems the next episode preview is already giving us spoilers.


This is where things can really get messy. Hirubill causes a dangerous brainwashing. Is this an Easter Egg reference to the finale of Tokosou Robo Janperson? Janperson is celebrating its 30th year as well this year. I'm really wondering how the rulers will get out of this mess. Brainwashing is such a powerful plot that villains just love to use it!

______

I'd actually like to share more thoughts. I feel that the Galactainsects are aware that direct brute force wouldn't work. Kamejim witnessing the defeat of Desnarak VIII would prove a lot. Maybe, that's why Kamejim was set aside for now. Instead, Gorma is allowed to do the body swapping since the rangers will be put at a serious disadvantage. However, the rangers managed to overcome the body swapping. I still say that what Gorma did is just a preview of things to come. I can expect the Galactainsects to make the lives of the six rulers as miserable as they can get!

I think the Galactainsects, while still carrying out typical supervillain plans, may be more focused on some form of pragmatic villainy. Most idiot plans tend to focus on attacking civilians first then rangers later. The villains come up with some kooky scheme to carry out their objective (e.g. world domination, destroying humanity, turning Earth into a colony of their space empire, etc.) and complain about why the rangers keep stopping them. They usually wait until later to realize that they keep overestimating the rangers. It seems the Galactainsects might be focused on psychological warfare. I think it's a nice change of pace to have Super Sentai villains that might be more practical. 

Hopefully, the villain plots will get more entertaining. I hope that after the first half's HUGE TOY PARADE - I hope the second half can focus on showing that becoming overconfident in the Bandai merchandise is a no-no. I hope that there will be more hard-to-follow stories after this! 

Comments