King-Ohger 46: Know The Beauty Of Life


After both Rita and Kaguragi discover their powers - the next powers are practically not surprising. In the case of Himeno, she's a doctor and she's got to wield the power of DEATH itself. Yes, I'm really thinking of the irony of the powers. Are these powers really meant to show the necessity of destruction to create new stuff? I kinda like how this episode doesn't use Himeno as eye candy and makes one think. 


Himeno tries to wield the power of death against against the Grim Reaper style character, Grodie. Grodie is really incredibly creepy. I guess I'll forever name it a weak point for the Jesters that only Grodie has a human disguise. Himeno strokes Grodie only to find out it doesn't work. I think the purple crystals seem to be nothing more than forced censorship. Fortunately, it does get beautifully woven into the plot. Himeno takes a sample and figures out that they're actually SHUGOD SOULS.  


Discussing about Grodie's condition is on. I just love how both Kamejim and Dugdead discuss things. Meanwhile, the monarchs all discuss about how Grodie's supposed immortality can provide a key to the answer. Taking down Dugdead isn't going to be easy. Right now, I'm even wonder if Dugdead is meant to be similar to Long from Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger. Long was practically immortal and had to be sealed. I wouldn't be surprised if the monarchs will give Dugdead a fate worse than death.  


Meanwhile, Racules is borrowed by Jeramie. Racules helps Jeramie dig down graves for the dead Bugnarok soldiers. There's really other important subtexts. If the first king Reinol Husty didn't exile Jeramie's father then what? Jeramie is the oldest member. It turn south that Jeramie has some extended life due to his jewel. Okay, we're getting some rubber suit that further highlights Jeramie's half-Bugnarok heritage. Jeramie's father may have been allowed to run away so he could be with his Bugnarok wife. Okay, is that a really big twist or what? Is it too random or what? Racules is a huge Walking Spoiler. Though, there was already an early hint that Racules chose NOT to kill Gira early on. Even Gira was puzzled at all that. Then Racules returning from the dead and NOT vanishing like Iroki is another. 


Okay, Himeno is getting rather reckless to test the power on Gira. I think Gira's not exactly immortal even if he was Dugdead's magical creation. Gira wishes he wasn't immortal due to how boring it can get. Himeno starts recalling one traumatic experience the other. There's some mature conversation that really made my day. Himeno talks at a realistic angle talking about how a doctor's job isn't easy. Jeramie offers himself as a test subject because of the jewel on his chest. 

I guess superhero shows can't do without crazy medical results right? Grodie's case is already defying science in itself. Dugdead created a zombie out of Dugdead in order to turn the Universe into a graveyard. Sure, King-Ohger's pretty tame but what's villains without their genocidal tendencies? Dugdead's flashback of murdering Himeno's parents can be scary. Meanwhile, Himeno manages to see the source of Jeramie's longevity. 

Himeno starts to talk about life and death again. Himeno visits her parents' grave and pays respects. Himeno really knows that one way or another - war has a high cost! Gemojim's ghost shows up and talks to Jeramie. I guess Gemojim only wants to enter the afterlife. I really feel this philosophical side is there. Can you really live that long and not get frustrated? It's recalling a lot of old literature. I even got forced to remember various fantasy genres such as Highlander. Duncan of Highlander wanders the Earth and has no place to call him. This also makes me think of the idea that desiring immortality may soon give one a fate worse than death. 

There's a few suitless fight scenes (finally). It's been important to time them well. I always feel there's plenty of deleted footage every now and then. Deleted scenes happen because of either time constraints or it can derail the plot. The whole scene is filled with ghosts but it's barely nightmare fuel. I guess I miss the whole darkness effect found in the 1980s to 1990s shows. Right now, I wish the whole town got cloaked in darkness like in some episodes. Instead, I guess Toei feltit's overused. Both Himeno and Jeramie capture Grodie and have another philosophical discussion. 



I think we've got a Nice Job Fixing It Villain moment. Jeramie fires a jewel to restore Grodie to life. Maybe, it's so they can finally destroy him. Grodie returns to life but summons ghosts yet again. The nightmare has just begun. I do feel relieved that Grodie's not yet dead in this episode. I feel most of the Jesters didn't get a very good send-off. At this point, I really feel Grodie deserves to have an extension. I didn't like the way Gorma, Hiribul, and most recently Minongna went away. I guess fan reception of the other Jesters was so poor! Now, we only have two Jesters to go. 

The great crisis finally shows up. The Fury of the Gods repeats itself all over again. My only beef is the lack of the sky darkening. Otherwise, it might be like a sudden strike of lightning on a clear day. I guess Toei wants to keep the dark drama reserved for the finale. It's getting obvious! I really do feel nervous about how the finale could end. 


Now, the time for the grand evacuation begins. Sure, I've already given up hope that it's going to be as intense as 1980s to 1990s Armageddon-style finales. Racules can be seen involved and he's practically turned into a SLIGHTLY FIXED Alex from Power Rangers Time Force. The preview also shows that Grodie's meeting his end. I've set a low bar but I wouldn't be surprised if my expectations are exceeded either. 

Comments