King-Ohger 44: The Six-Kingdom Alliance


The show being in the 40s - it's really time to gear up for the finale any time soon! Good thing that I'm mentally prepared for the finale. Maybe, my inner child would throw a tantrum of sorts. The cast already finished its filming. This episode starts to set things up for getting rid of the Five Jesters. Ir really feel the lack of MOTW action in the second half might be a letdown. It might be Toei trying to experiment with something new. They did it with Kamen Rider so why not Super Sentai? Is it working like a charm? I like the experiment in some way. However, I think it should be one monster every two weeks if ever. Hopefully, Boomboonger will have more monsters. 



The beginning has Racules in a cage. Racules is now more than ready to pay for whatever he did under Dugdead's wing. There were already signs of Racules' character decay early on. Racules mentions several artifacts that contain the power that can defeat Dugdead. It's not just the Founder's Crown but every jewelry involved. Okay, I'd sound crazy but I think it's almost like modifying the Corona Aurora plot from Operation Overdrive. Racules started out as Captain Ryuuya from Timeranger but ended up as Captain Alex from Time Force

It's also nice to do a very long episode throwback. Yanma does recall what Racules did with N'Kosopa. At that time, I had the habit of calling Racules to be someone like General Miwa from Tosho Daimos. However, Racules ends up redeeming himself, unlike Miwa who was just unrepentant throughout. Is that some censorship issue or what? Maybe Executive Meddling? It reminds me of how Alex ended up seeing the error of his ways and allowed the Time Force Rangers to go back in time. I guess Captain Ryuuya's death scene raised too many eyebrows. Still, the fact it's a BLUE RANGER that confronts Racules is something Lucas did also confront Alex in Time Force when the latter became an intolerable a**hole. What I also forgot to mention was how both Racules and Alex were mistaken to be dead but managed to survive somehow. I guess Alex was taken to the hospital and survived due to the timeline changing. Racules did a fake death to get close to Dugdead


Dugdead makes me miss those more sinister villains. Looking at this, I wish Dugdead was as scary as Don Armage in Ucchu Sentai Kyuranger. Instead, Dugdead's more like an immature version of Thanos from the Marvel Universe. Dugdead plans his final attack which is typical. I kinda wonder how the other generals will pass out. 




A crazy tournament is held to see who should be the leader happens. Honestly, I think the spandex here is purely fanservice. I wonder if children aren't so keen on rangers fighting out of suit. I could remember how I often said, "Please morph already!" when suitless fight scenes happened. As an adult, I think those scenes are cool. Right now, I wish more rangers fought the MOTW suitless. Instead, that's really a rare occurrence as foot soldiers end up getting the lowest point of the stick. In this case, I wonder why Dugdead has no footsoldiers. 

I find the way Racules reacts to be on the funny side. I guess Super Sentai does mandate the Anime-ish humor or what? It's a Japanese show after all. Racules does get rather funny as to "redeem" himself in that way. Not even Alex in Time Force went in that direction presumably due to cultural differences. A lot of comical battles happen. Gira gets eliminated by a joint force of rangers. Rita gets eliminated after Jeramie uses Moffun. Himeno gets eliminated against Kaguragi's dirty tricks. The only thing missing is Rita's headache like her "mommy dearest" This is more hilarious than the previous challenge of the monarchs



A devastating attack is unleashed by Yanma. I guess Hirubil's brainwashing is THAT effective. Hiribul is pretty much an Akenba expy from Kyuranger. The difference is Hirubil's portrayed as doing more damage. The rangers get out of their armor thanks to the devastating lightning attack. The move almost reminds me of something straight out of an RPG. Was Akira Toriyama involved in all of this? Even more, it seems Michael Bay was hired to do the explosive scenes.

It gets into nightmare fuel with Shugoddom. I dunno if I should seel sorry for the fat guy Goroge or not. Hirubil influenced the carnage. Sure, it's only CGI fire but the carnage is overwhelming. I could imagine if the GoGoFive siblings would go dizzy if they tried to stop the carnage. The Rescue Police Trilogy such as Winspector, Solbrain, and Exceedraft aren't equipped for such carnage. 

Gira couldn't be affected because he was created by Dugdead's magic. Hirubil gets more annoying than she gets. Fortunately, Kaguragi gives that bitch another wrestling move. It's a good thing Hirubil has a very sleek design in contrast to Canderilla. Just imagine if Power Rangers Dino Charge had Koda do a wrestling move on Poisandra. I guess a lot of planning was done ahead for ththat scene. 


I do suspect that there was a planned suitless fight scene between Yanma and Gira. Instead, it was cut short. Yanma is wreaking havoc and feeling the power from within. This leads me to think Hirubil was probably influencing Racules as an angry teenager. Racules was so mad about his father Caucus' death and having to sacrifice who he still considers his brother. I guess a lot of Racules' actions early on were because of Hirubil. Fortunately, Gira does snap out. 


I think the rules about Megazords can be very confusing. One of these rules is about the need for complete teams to get it fully operational. The badly-needed Megazord battle only has Gira AND Yanma piloting the Megazord. I wonder if it's meant to display Hirubil's fatal flaw. Hirubil gets easily defeated even if she's supposedly a recurring villain. Her defeat releases Shugoddom of the carnage. Right now, I do feel like I miss most 1980s to 1990s villains but what can I do?


A philosophical question is raised at the end. Racules handed himself over to justice. Yanma and Racules discuss how power can corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The existence of politics in this show can stimulate curiosity. Yanma gets the taste of getting corrupted by power. Racules got corrupted in the process. Both Racules and Alex pretty much have had their own power trips and redemption. 


The closing has talks for the six-kingdom alliance. Racules starts what could be a very deep conversation. I feel like getting some history and law books just watching this episode! Racules explains how the six kingdoms were once one. The jewelry of the six monarchs displays tremendous power. I love how the monarchs developed throughout the show. They realize that they must unite to defeat Dugdead once and for all. I wonder if Dugdead will just be sealed or will they find a way to destroy him? It's getting all interesting.


Next week as the monarchs join hands and their minds revert? Minongan pulls a mental scheme that would cause them to be defenseless. I wonder if this is a jab at adult fans or what? I can't be certain. I'll just have to watch the episode next week. Meanwhile, I do feel that I might retire blogging about Super Sentai soon. After all, blogging is just a hobby in the long run. 


Comments