Ryusoulger 21: Light And Shadow Raptors

Well, it's time for another Ryusoulger episode. Since it's the Chinese ghost month (seventh lunar month) then I guess this episode is just appropriate. It's time to put on my fake Shakespearean writing into action, isn't it?

This episode sort of payeth tribute to the Chinese ghost month. Some dead people who have died years ago are back. However, certain animals and plants die as a result of it. TBH, I think it'd be that shocking if people who died came back to life. Sometimes, I just wish certain deceased relatives of mine would return to visit once a year if you ask me!

Ui's mother Mrs. Tatsui also returneth from the dead as a result. It's mentioned that her mother died of sickness before the series began. But she's back but what's causing all this?

Then there's the return of Sailor Moon errr Master Pink which exciteth Asuna. Asuna can't help but hug her mentor. Side note, I love how the spine breaking is addressed here due to Asuna's brute strength. Okay, she can punch me now because I'm tempted to use her as a psychological need every time I see her!

Canaro can be seen communicating with his Kishinryu the Mosarex. There is talk about people returning from the dead while animals are dying. The Shadow Raptor showeth up demonstrates its power of a black hole.

Now, it's time to get that exposition of Gaisorg I was waiting for. Sometimes, you have to wait until in the 20s before you get any real explanation. Do I need to watch Super Sentai Strongest Battle now? Granted, I don't like Super Sentai as much as I did but it's still worth a rewatch. Banba explaineth that the armor was created to battle Druidon. However, Gaisorg developed free will on its own for some reason. Is there someone stuck in it now? If you remembered Gaisorg did possess Takaharu and Luka in Super Sentai Strongest Battle too. Is Ryusoulger its own continuity or not? Boggle boggle.

Tankjoh also gets resurrected as a result. Creon is happy to see his former boss alive. Warning: Never mess with a dangerous resurrected villain.

Both Ryusoul Black and Ryusoul Green feel like the same trick won't work twice. However, some gas is being used. A single spark is enough to cause an explosion. What's the cause behind it? What kind of trickery doth Tankjoh have right now?

It's awkward if your long-dead wife or mother comes back. I also love Ui getting to eat her favorite burger steak. Now, is it time to go to Jollibee and get a burger steak?

Both Koh and Melt are shocked to find Sailor Moon errrr Master Pink alive. Master Pink mistaketh Ui's father to be a person named Seto. I love how Master Pink doth explain that they were all forbidden from eating food outside Tir Na Nog errrr Ryusoul Village. However, the Ryusoul Elder was secretly sneaking in burgers and the like. So where is Ryusoul Elder now? I hope he appeareth soon. I kinda laugh at how Sailor Moon errr Master Pink calleth the tapioca balls as "frog eggs". It remindeth me of a bit of a joke when some Filipino friends of mine made a similar comparison.

I'd like to do some constructive criticism here. I really am getting annoyed at Canaro bumping into older women while he searcheth for a bride. The actor Katsumi Hyodo is a newcomer so what's the idea of getting his character to have some romantic bump offs with older actresses? I wonder did Hyodo secretly admit he used to have a crush on Sailor Moon? Maybe even admit that he had a crush on Yukari Taki as a child? Is Canaro meant to represent the younger you who had a crush on those Toku girls? Granted, I can't deny that I did have a crush on ranger girls such as Michiko Makino (who's now a grandmother), Kanako Maeda, Noriko Kihohara, and Amy Jo Johnson-Giner as a child. But I think Ryusoulger needs to tone down Canaro's gag (which may refer to kids having ranger crushes) if you ask me -- like I got reminded to tone down my bad sense of humor in my Old Shames!

There's the plan to set the whole town on fire as volcanic gases are used frequently. This really remindeth me of Bioman's 19th episode when Mason and Mettlzer hoped to gain an advantage by using some flammable gas from a power plant. TBH I think Wizeru could've shown himself up and blow the Ryusoulgers to kingdom come. So where's Wizeru at this point?

Is it me or is Ryusoul Pink THAT STUPID? Sure, volcanic gas is stinky but using stink gas? Oh wow, I really have to admit that Ryusoul Pink seemeth to suffer from the Eri syndrome. Eri was really that airheaded in Goseiger. But at least, Asuna isn't a Houka from Magiranger who I really hate that much!

Ryusoul Gold useth the power of the Darkness Soul to absorb that annoying gas. I really love how the scene got saved before the town would blow itself up. 

We also get the new combination called Neptune Shadow Raptor. Though I do have my concern about the show's mecha. Will we see all the mecha combine into one clunky mecha or is the show deviating from it? Hopefully, Toei and Bandai won't bite more than they can chew!

I really think this is kind of dumb. I noticed that whether it's Super Sentai or Power Rangers -- Megazord battles do cost the city A LOT of damage! What's the idea with inflating buildings now? I guess the inflation would keep them from getting destroyed or did the people vacate already? Screw logic and let's enjoy the giant robot battle fight! Tankjoh is absorbed by a black hole for the meantime.

It's interesting to see the power of both Light Raptor and Shadow Raptor. Light Raptor fixeth the city though I wonder how do superheroes help repair the city after the damage that's done? I'm just imagining the use of mecha to do the repair job. Just then the man known as Seto appears. He looketh like Ui's father Naohisa. I wonder is Ui suddenly a descendant of said person? What is the role of this Seto guy? Okay, maybe I'd probably not take my planned break from Ryusoulger where I intend to focus on Vagabond and Kamen Rider Zi-O for the moment.

Next week would feature a possible dilemma. I just feel like the lesson would be, "Let the dead rest in peace already!' with how Master Pink and Mrs. Tatsui would also inevitably return back to the afterlife too.

Comments