Can You Say Lupinranger VS. Patranger VS. Kyuranger's Full Title Without Twisting Your Tongue?


While I'm not too happy with Ryusoulger (due to the overuse of dinosaurs) but I've got to give credit to two shows that dared to be unique after Zyuohger. These two shows are Kyuranger and Lupinranger vs. Patranger. But let's get a crossover and challenge yourself to say this as many times as possible, "Kaito Sentai Lupinranger vs. Keisatsu Sentai Patranger vs. Ucchu Sentai Kyuranger" without slipping once. I've tried and I've failed a million times!

This one does really respect the different multiverses. If you think about it -- Super Sentai seasons usually take place in different multiverses or that some events just can't coincide. Take Kyuranger's universe has to be different from the others. Take also that dinosaur extinction happens differently across many Super Sentai series which makes it impossible to just merge them all. You may need to examine how events between Hirohisa Soda's series really reveal the impossibility of them taking place in one universe. Furthermore, Kyuranger's 18th episode further verifies the existence of several universes. You just really need to stop treating them as one whole continuity one way or another. Just remember to treat Super Sentai crossovers as what-if scenarios because most of them tend to contradict the events within the main show or don't get mentioned at all.

The plot has two universes colliding namely the Lupato Universe and the Kyuranger Universe. I admit that there are some interesting, funny scenes and I'm glad that Shoji "Patrick Star" Yonemura isn't the writer. Instead, it's got Naruhisa Arakawa who wrote the Super Sentai Strongest Battle mini-series as well as the Space Squad movies. The plot involves the presumably non-canon Don Arkage who is a body double of the late Don Armage. His plan is to get Hoshino's guitar since it contains some powerful Planesium.

I like the scene where Lucky gets arrested by mistake by Keiichiro. I also like how there's that fake hostage scene where Jerashid was there. Granted, Arakawa was Gokaiger's writer too. It's interesting to see how the Lupirangers, Patrangers, and Kyurangers have to join forces to prevent Don Arkage's rise. Lucky is reckless but he always does what he does to save others. He did get reckless to put a weak point on Don Arkage. I didn't like the mecha fight scene though since I wish the Kyuranger mecha also appeared. But I guess you know the typical reason -- time constraints!

Though I also got ticked off to why Mondo Misao or Zyuoh the World was put there. Was it a nod to the fact that Zyuohger never had a crossover with Kyuranger? I did like Zyuohger until Misao was added to the picture. I really ended up no longer wanting to marathon Zyuohger because of that guy. Though, I still want to sympathize with him for not having a Zyuohger and Kyuranger crossover. Then again, I'm always mixed with crossovers because many of them are obviously just what-if movies like the Dragon Ball Z movies where the villains are mostly not canon. Was Misao put as an inside joke? Maybe, maybe not but who can remember that Arakawa also wrote Jetman's weakest episode too?

For me, it's a decent movie but can be a mess for me in some way. Maybe, I'm still too blinded by how "great" the Space Squad movies are. I still think Kyuranger vs. Space Squad, as well as Dekaranger vs. Gavan, are better movies for me. But at least that it's not messy like Patrick Star's now-discontinued Super Hero Taisen movies.

Comments