How Ninninger May Have Been Vindicated By History


It's no secret that I'm no fan of Shuriken Sentai Ninninger. Regardless, I still think Ninninger is a series that eventually got vindicated by history. Why is that? Well, it's because of something really far worse than Ninninger namely Power Rangers Ninja Steel.


Ninja Steel would have probably been MUCH LESS awful if Victor and Monty weren't there. If I have to give one bigger reason why I dislike Power Rangers Samurai - I'd attribute that more to Bulk and Spike than the rangers themselves. Thought Bulk and Spike were that bad? I'd probably say Victor and Monty are much worse. The two really just started to make Ninninger look like it was a masterpiece.


Maybe, just maybe, I needed to cut Takaharu some slack. He got way better in Super Sentai Strongest Battle even if it may not be canon. Sure, the guy isn't intelligent but he doesn't spend his time engaging in Victor's and Monty's type of nonsense. He does get some decent character development. Should I mention Victor and Monty make this guy look like a genius?


I could always criticize Ninninger's implementation (and I think Naomi Takebe should just stick to Kamen Rider). However, one can consider the big difference of the scheduling of Ninninger and Ninja Steel. Ninja Steel was subjected to the whole unnecessary summer break which made it even more painful to watch. Can you imagine if you had to stop watching Super Sentai for an ENTIRE SUMMER before the next season appears? Yup, Ninja Steel had to go "super" in the second half which was unnecessary. Ninninger not having that summer break (and only not airing during special events) gave it a better advantage.

Maybe, I could mention better crossover episodes. I may be no fan of Ninninger but I do like the whole Ninninger/Drive crossover. Granted, I'm a fan of Kamen Rider Drive so maybe I'm just biased when I say that. Also, the whole episode with the guest stars do better than what Ninja Steel tried to do in terms of implementation. All these may have further contributed to Ninninger's eventual vindication by history!

Comments