Wacky Post: I Feel Haruka Kito Reminds Me Of Both Yoko Usami And Zoey Reeves

I just can't resist writing a wacky post times where it was comparing a certain group to a certain cop or how Donbrothers (of all Super Sentai series) got me reminded of Beast Morphers. Since Beast Morphers is based on Go-Busters (which is a favorite of mine for trying to return back to serious roots but not too high either) - I'd like to do this wacky post to say how Haruka Kito reminds me of not just Zoey Reeves (both are menial workers) but also of YOKO USAMI. It sounds crazy but it's true!

I decided to give Beast Morphers to see how Hasbro will handle the Power Rangers franchise. I ended up criticizing Beast Morphers for trying to tie back everything back to 1993 instead of trying to become more self-contained. I also felt that Evox as Venjix is too predictable. I felt it'd be as bad as what if Go-Busters had a plot where Messiah Virus was Yogoscrimaten all along. The Ark in Kamen Rider Zero-One was fortunately NOT linked to the Great Leader of the Showa era. Besides, if there's one thing that most Showa-era Kamen Rider series and Power Rangers have in common is the tendency to keep linking to previous series. I felt the Great Leader is the founder of this and that organization (and the hero to only run into a Doombot at the end of an earlier series) was irritating. I felt Kamen Rider Skyrider's finale was even meh as the whole series was. I can't decide which bad joke is worse between GanGanG's USELESS appearance or Ben and Betty in Beast Morphers.  

I think Haruka herself possesses the qualities of the two girls in some way. I noticed way too many times how Zoey is nicer than Yoko. Yoko is boisterous and impulsive. Zoey is determined and somewhat reckless but a NICER CHARACTER than Yoko. Zoey was easy to work with. Yoko not too much. I felt like Zoey's beauty and character shone over Yoko. Though, neither girl are "better" than the other since most of Super Sentai past Timeranger have been toned down. Haruka works as a part-time menial worker (a waitress while Zoey works as a laundrywoman. Both Haruka and Zoey have had their doubts about wearing spandex to fight evil. Meanwhile, Haruka possesses Yoko's tendency to doubt the red ranger. Haruka doesn't immediately figure out that Taro Momoi is Don Momotaro early on. Yet, like Zoey, she's actually NICER than Yoko could be. 

Maybe, I could still think about how I'm now comparing Kibi Points to Morph-X. It seems that Kibi Points are linked to some Morphin' Grid in Super Sentai - something that I feel the franchise is better off without. Apparently, the powers are drawn since Gokaiger. Both Zoey and Haruka are entrusted with some energy that could get dangerous in the wrong hands. Kibi Points can have negative consequences. Morph-X is something Evox needed to tap into the Morphin' Grid. I think Noto Layer could easily exploit Kibi Points sooner or later. The fact that the series does have some easter eggs of past Super Sentai alumni makes me think it probably has its own Morphin' Grid here. 

It wouldn't be a secret (by now) that I watched Beast Morphers in order to BASH it. Right now, I think I'm watching Donbrothers in order to BASH IT TOO. I wonder if one should even think of both Beast Morphers and Donbrothers as series that are So Bad It's Good. That's just me right now since I feel some people enjoyed Beast Morphers and are currently enjoying Donbrothers. I feel Beast Morphers had potential while thinking Ben and Betty (as well as connecting too much to previous seasons) are ruining it. I feel Haruka's probably a bit better off not having to deal with Ben and Betty (but Donbrothers!Kaito would probably still hire them if they ever fell there). Though, I dare say working with Ben and Betty wouldn't be as bad as the misfortunes Haruka had such as her boyfriend dumping her due to her getting falsely accused of plagiarism. 

So far, Donbrothers, like Beast Morphers, can be entertaining in their own way. I've got fun bashing both shows while I could go ahead and point out anything positive about them. Hehehehehehehehehe.

Comments