King-Ohger 47: STFU And Begin The Evacuation

 

The show's about to end. With all the Bakuage Sentai Boonboomger previews available (no cast yet) - it's straightforward to expect the end. The cast finished filming around December 2023 and Masato Yato celebrated his birthday with the cast. I'll still be nervous about how the show could end. No more editing as the whole show wrapped up. 

Last week's episode ended with a cliffhanger. Grodie is brought back to life. This causes trouble as always. What isn't surprising is Dugdead's revelation of the Bugnaroks. Bugnaroks once had their own world before they moved to Chikyu. Chikyu was probably once a vacant planet before Earth humans and Bugnarok moved into it. I do still have reservations about how King-Ohger is linked to the continuity of Kyoryuger. Ah yes, talk about a show I'm liking for its daring direction is linked to what I felt was a redundancy cycle. I can just expect that huge bandwagon of people who treat Super Sentai as some expanding Universe to keep barging in. 

It's time to begin the evacuation. The Fury of the Gods is beginning and there's NO TIME to dilly-dally. It's time for an urgent rescue to happen. The Fury of the Gods is developing at a rate that can't be computed. It's really time to finally get the plan into action. The cooperation of the six kingdoms is absolutely necessary of Chikyu is to survive!

Racules begins by narrating his biggest mistake. Racules was trying to save Shugoddom and never considered the other kingdoms. Racules admits that it's time to unite everyone. Racules owns up to making a mistake that he made in the past. Maybe, it was that he felt overconfident Dugdead wouldn't corrupt him. In the process, Racules gets corrupted and does some questionable things. I guess only Suzume and his brother-in-law Kaguragi kept him in check. I still feel Kaguragi hiding the truth was a douche-y move if you ask me! 

The evacuation procedure happens. I really find myself imagining Jacqueline Scislowski and Kristina Ho were at Ishabana. N'Kosopa is in charge of communications. Kaguragi brings the food needed and it's sure one huge supply. Kaguragi knows it's going to be a LONG WAR. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be that sudden time jump in the finale. I have a feeling that it might be a war that will last for several years. Racules tries to protect his people while the evacuation happens. I kind of wanted to see Douga do some sword moves. Instead, Douga evacuates the people. I mean, Douga and Racules could've been filmed fighting off the monster sent against them. 

Evacuation is getting more and more urgent. For some reason, Rita does have her long patience with the prisoners trying to escape. Rita gives them the chance for redemption. The prisoners were given the task of digging out tunnels for the evacuation center. I love Rita's statement of, "Your crimes will never vanish but you can start afresh." At the same time, her statement reminds me of the jokes I pull on her. I did laugh at it when Rita was introduced with the name RITA and she easily gets headaches. I suddenly remember Rita in Super Sentai Strongest Battle when she handed herself in to pay for her crimes. However, this Rita judges criminals while still getting headaches. Her "parents" Lord Zedd and Rita Repulsa did get purified in Power Rangers in Space - both still remembered for their iconic evil deeds!

People are moving underground. Yes, a typical trope in superhero fiction and science fiction. The surface world is so under threat. I must wonder if the show establishes the total population of Chikyu vs. Earth. The people have moved underground. Jeramie established the Bugnarok Kingdom for that reason. I guess Bugnarok has the biggest space ever. The rescue scenes are well done. I love how there's still effort put into it even if Super Sentai has been toned down since 2001. 

One of my favorite dialogues is with a woman in a wheelchair. She lost her family during the Fury of the Gods event. I love how the events are being replayed to add up the intensity. The darkness that wasn't in the previous episode adds the urgency. Sure, I'm not going to get the same amount of nightmare fuel as Tokosou Exceedraft's finale or Kyukyu Sentai GoGoFive's finale. Still, the sense of urgency is there. Racules also tries to explain to the last remaining citizen.

I wonder if the second half's lack of monster vs. Megazord battles was intentional. I was expecting new types of MOTW. Instead, King-Ohger ended up becoming more like a J-Drama than a Super Sentai. I really must admit that the way the Jesters drop isn't what I wanted. Grodie gets destroyed in a very short Megazord battle like Hirubil. Gorma and Minogan both looked weak. We only have Kamejim (who's absent yet again) to get rid of as well as Dugdead. A little nice detail to touch is how Grodie ends up in the world of the dead, getting tortured by his victims. It's not all the time that Super Sentai villains' afterlife status is shown. I guess it's a nice little touch to Grodie as a Grim Reaper type villain.

The heroes are prepared for what may come. The flashback of the massacre from 17 years ago is contrasted. I guess censorship had forced the whole dialogue of Himeno. Evacuation is gone, right? Check! Zero casualties? Check! I guess there's that contrast and learning from history. However, I feel that Himeno's has been edited many times before the final filming. For all we know, there might be some stupid people who refused to follow evacuation procedures. 

I'm actually dropping my jaw in disbelief to Himeno's statement. Was this some copout because of the darker backstories that happened before the series began? I can't be too sure but stricter censorship may have forced it in. Sure, people do and will get hurt but those scenes can't match the intensity of the 1980s and the 1990s Toku entries by Toei. Man, I miss those times but having the Lighter and Softer Super Sentai series adds diversity. Meanwhile, I guess toning down Super Sentai might be the reason why it's reached up to the 47th entry. Boonboomger is going to be 48th. I guess going back to being Darker and Edgier might no longer work like it used to be. 


Next week is the start of a darker chapter. What can really get rid of Dugdead's threat since he's immortal? I'm really thinking about what might be an intense finale. I wonder if there will be three more episodes or not? We haven't seem Kamejin bite off the dust yet. I don't think Dugdead will be an easy foe. I really am feeling nervous (and excited) to see how the series will end. 

Comments