Shipping Talk: Why I'm A Keiichiro X Tsukasa Shipper


A lot of Super Sentai series usually don't have official pairings but some come close to it. Others do tend to tease audiences with possible shippings like how Shinkenger may have triggered the whole Takeru x Mako ship vs. Takeru x Kotoha ship (she did turn 18 during the show so it's legal). Then I think of one crack ship I like to try is Keiichiro x Tsukasa. It's past Valentine's Day but I don't see any reason why I can't write this outrageous pairing.


The show (in earlier episodes) seemed to be shipping them even if they never got lovey-dovey. Episode 4 started to show their past together. Keiichiro secretly knew about Tsukasa's fondness for stuffed animals - which in turn resulted in him figuring out how the teleportation devices work. TBH, I kinda wish we got a scene where Keiichiro gives Tsukasa a stuffed animal!


The flashback of their earlier days is also something. I really thought that the flashbacks earlier on in episode 6 really tempted me to crack ship them. Also, Tsukasa hitting Keiichiro to send him back to his senses is something.


Somehow, I wish episode 16 had hints of jealousy from Tsukasa. Keiichiro did drop of his possible romance, maybe because he doesn't want Mana to be in danger or what? Personally, I think a girlfriend like Tsukasa would work better for him. What he lacks in intelligence he makes it up with his determination. Tsukasa has the intelligence to make sure the dumb boys don't get into trouble. Also, I love how Tsukasa corrects Keiichiro from his impulsiveness in some areas. I think that would have made a good coupling.

Somehow, I wish the show did a little bit of exploration of the possibility of them being a couple. If Sakuya x Umika is cracky then I think it would have been really funny if Keiichiro and Tsukasa would develop feelings for each other, right?

Comments

  1. I agree with you on this one, but when it comes to Canalo-Tsukasa or the Gold-Pink relationship in a recently concluded Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger Vs. LupinRanger Vs. PatRanger last week, I believed people are speculating after watching the movie. They say that Keiichirou was dejected because of the Super Sentai Strongest Battle in which his Serious Team was defeated by Yamato Kazakiri's Oddball Team. I don't know if Canalo either rejected or accepted Tsukasa's offering a date, but we're waiting for the movie subs throughout 2020. Someone at Fanfiction wants to write the Canalo-Tsukasa or the Gold-Pink relationship, but I'm not against this one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBH with the idea of Canalo/Tsukasa please, that idea is really too much of a fanfiction writer's fantasy (like mine) rather than a professional writer's idea IMHO. TBH, I still kinda wish Keiichiro x Tsukasa were canon.

      Delete

Post a Comment