Trying To Get The Hang Of Donbrothers' Lore And The Sixth Ranger Introduction

I decided that because I'm watching Donbrothers and Kamen Rider Revice at IRREGULAR intervals - I've simply quit writing episode reviews! So there! It doesn't mean I wouldn't be reacting to updates. Also, I'll admit that in my challenge to watch as many Super Sentai series as possible - I believe I've just hit the boredom zone trying to watch more of Goranger and JAKQ. I felt like I hit the boredom zone sometime after Go-Busters. I've watched almost all the old-school series I feel some older series just ain't for me. Not to mention, there's so much cool stuff on Netflix and other media that Super Sentai just gets lower on my leisure list. In fact, there's a higher risk of it getting out. However, I find myself interested in Donbrothers even if Zenkaiger really DRAINED ME HARD. Is it me or are anniversaries by Junko Komura not as good as her non-anniversary seasons?

Trying to understand this show's Kaito and the role of the Kibi Points


I can't help but bring up Beast Morphers while watching Donbrothers. That has to be rather as weird as how I dropped Lost Galaxy like a hot potato watching Flashman. Beast Morphers is a licensed localization of Go-Busters and Lost Galaxy's license is based on Gingaman. One big reason why I felt I can't help but bring up Beast Morphers is how the show seems to imply a direct continuation with Zenkaiger. Beast Morphers was still heavily linked to previous seasons in some dialogues or episodes. Both Zoey and Haruka are yellow rangers that I feel are probably going to be better role models for children than the companies that own them. However, it seems a completely different Kaito Gokishida than what we saw last season. It would be good because I don't want to keep watching every previous Super Sentai entry to understand this entry. Kibi Points are practically like experience points in an RPG game. However, unlike an RPG, they are used to grant a certain wish. 


Kibi Points tend to have a negative effect on the wisher. Both Shinichi and Haruka suffer negative effects. I dunno if Toshiki Inoue made it purposely that Haruka will have a temporal inability to walk. Granted, those who've seen Jetman should be able to recognize a similar episode. Kaori was left unable to walk due to a psychological shock that hit her. Shinichi loses his writing ability to a huge extent. Both regain their natural abilities after saving Taro. I feel like Kibi Points, like Enetron, might as well be considered too dangerous for energy use. I'm actually wondering if there'll be a plot to turn Kibi Points into an energy source? Granted, this season seems to act like Super Sentai had something like a Morphin' Grid existing in it.

Previous episodes established the problems of Kibi Point usage. Early on, Tyuyoshi wished to become a man to make his wife Miho happy. The consequence was that Miho nearly got killed. I guess that's also the reason why Tyuyoshi turned into a monster-of-the-week and had to be brought back. Tyuyoshi IS the very first one to become one. If you've watched Kamen Rider Fourze then you'll realize friends and allies were also becoming monsters. 

Toei's obvious homage to China and Japan hitting here


The last arrival of the sixth ranger is kinda... EARLY... or not? Actually, there were reasons to write Takamichi in the 12th episode due to the Legacy Virus hiatus. Fortunately, I've had my Legacy Virus shots including my booster shot. The Sixth Ranger is obviously based on Sun Wukung or Son Goku. Jiro Momotani's alternate ego is known as Don Dragoku - an obvious pun on Toei's hit Anime series Dragon Ball. Jiro's backstory has him dropping from the sky and being raised by humans. Didn't the same happen to Goku when he fell to Earth and was raised by an old man named Grandpa Gohan? Sun Wukong fell from the sky and was born from a rock though. 


Inoue's rather crude humor tends to be present in most of the series he writes. The only show nearly devoid of humor that he took part in was Kamen Rider Faiz. However, Jetman had a few funny moments if it involved Ako (who I admit made me fall for a girl who looks like her) or Raita. Timeranger even had that one weird humorous episode when Yuuri fought a seductive alien criminal. I still find Yuuri's workout and the boys snapped out by her... just weird. Kamen Rider Kiva is also full of weird humor which some fans think it's Inoue's lowest point. Granted, I'm a fan of Kiva so I guess I could adjust to Jiro's humor that he'd execute the team and restart them over. 

Right now, it's the beginning of the sixth ranger. The sixth ranger hasn't shown his mecha form yet. I might as well hang around and find out. Then again, I've been watching the show at an IRREGULAR pace so weekly reviews are completely out of the question. 

Comments