King-Ohger Episode 40: I Am A King And A Prince


I hoped that the Shugoddom Arc would be more than just one episode. I guess I'm already getting acquainted with King-Ohger's more soap-operatic format now huh? It's very unusual for Super Sentai to do so since the standard formula didn't change much. This week's episode revolves around Shugoddom. Beware! This episode is so full of spoilers and possible half-truths! Watch first before you give me some constructive criticism on where I miss. Otherwise, read at your OWN PERIL!


The episode's plot starts with Douga fighting some Bugnarok soldiers. The Bugnarok soldiers are under Dugdead's control. The deposed monarchs are badly injured. Gira does get into some comical idiocy. I wonder though if Ishabana could do a thing about Rita's near-constant migraines? Only Gira shows up. Gira does manage to recover for a reason. 


We have a short cameo from Prince. Yes, the same Prince who's from episode 32 and episode 33. Prince gets transported to Chikyu. Prince is bonded to the Gabutyra. Prince makes an important discovery that Gira is somehow connected to the Shugods. Gira was able to morph but not the others during the crossover with Kyoryuger. I just loved that inconvenience as it made the main cast members dish out some very good attacks. Though, too many unmorphed fights can actually defeat the purpose of morphing heroes. 


Dugdead and Racules begin their new plot. Honestly, I do feel mixed in the direction that Racules took. I kinda enjoyed Racules better when he was the third wheel of sorts. I always wanted Racules to be that constantly annoying idiot who gets bitten. Instead, Racules is but Dugdead's willing puppet. Though, I think there could be some reason why Racules decided to get rid of Gorma


A new revelation startles me. Dugdead discusses his creation ability. Okay, that's already giving Dugdead more power than normal. Dugdead seems to be Toei trying to create its own Thanos. We already had a few Marvel influences from past Super Sentai series. Two characters from the Hirohisa Soda era blatantly copied Ego the Living Planet and Galactus. It's revealed that Gira was actually an Artitficial Human created by Dugdead. 

This starts to confirm a lot of stuff. If Racules is really the true descendant of Reinol then what? I guess Gira was created as an experimental clone. I speculated that Dugdead may have been the one who orchestrated Gira's kidnapping. I guess the Founder's Crown does belong to Racules after all! I guess Gira was born out of Racules' DNA by Dugdead. Even worse, a revelation was that Dugdead was already controlling Shugoddom. Did Dugdead secretly cause the rise of Reinol the founder of the kingdom? I can't be sure but I hope this experimental entry will give a satisfying conclusion. 

This almost gives me some throwbacks to Operation Overdrive. It's not enough that the Corona Aurora should get improvised. It's also something that the red ranger is anything but a real boy. Gra's actually a Pinocchio of sorts? I even wonder if the Founder's Crown will turn Gira into a real body at the end of the series?


The news hits the injured monarchs. Yanma ends up recalling earlier episodes. I guess Gira's unusual ability is because he's an Artificial Human. I was wondering if Racules was under Dugdead's control. This flashback really starts to connect everything now! It's a very brilliant TV drama style throwback if you ask me!


Sure, there's no MOTW or big-time Megazord fight. I really wonder what Toei is up to in making King-Ohger feel like some big-budget J-Drama instead of the typical Super Sentai? Dugdead starts to summon the Shugods. However, the Shugods lend their hands to the deposed monarchs instead!


The injured monarchs all recover from their injuries. I do feel that there's a big battle coming up. They feel the mystical powers of the Shugods. The last time we knew a Zord was used for healing was in Gaoranger. The Gao Deer was used as a healer in that show. I do feel the Zords healing the rangers plot was almost forgotten. This one really brought it in for this episode.

Next week would be a very big battle. It's almost Christmas and I wonder if there'll be an annual Christmas special or not. I even feel that King-Ohger did wrap up its filming. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone go their flowers already. I do feel that they're wrapping up filming before Christmas. 

Comments